I have a really interesting situation... inexperience is a heck of a teacher.

Looking at the picture it'll be evident that I had an idea I thought was good but the result proved the execution of the idea was not that great as I ended up with the tuning machines at significantly different levels which I knew would happen I just over did the sanding n the stock thus resulting in the 2nd string machine post being significantly higher removing any angle I had on the string. So high in fact that I am short on ideas on how to force the angle. One thought was using a drawer pull or an eye-bolt to pull the string down. I like the drawer pull idea but wonder if the upward pressure of the string wouldn't bend it and the idea of an eye-bolt seems to gaudy. Anyone ever dealt with this?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you're concerned about looks, slap an old capo on there.

• I got one more I shaped the headstock similarly but haven't finished shaving the end of it completely, my hope is I didn't make the same mistake twice.

• As an alternative, hang that one on the wall and build another one that doesn't have that problem.

• HAHA - my best one is hanging on the wall in a cigar bar never to be played again, this one was to be my stage beater CBG :)

This reply was deleted.