Replies

• Hey, thanks for the reply. The Festival is Feb 6, Saturday 10am-until late. Search on Swallowhill Music Assoc. Call my cell phone to locate me, 303-960-8117. If you think you will be there, I''l put my project in the car so you can see it. Let me know. When you need parts, where do you get them? I might order a bridge from Stemac today. If I can sell my soprano Uke, I may buy a concert soon. How much do you know about Steve's Ukes?
    Please tell me you name again. I cannot seem to find it in these messages. Thanks jh
  • John -- Was that uke festival THIS weekend (i.e., Jan. 30)? If so... DANG!! I'da liked to come. A friend of mine, fellow builder Steve Wiencrot, might have been there. He makes ukes, dulcimers, mandolins, some from cigar boxes. Anyway, I think you got the right idea -- look at your factory uke, and copy the dimensions and general construction... I could show you about making necks, maybe. That was something I never thought I could do -- till I dove in and did it! It's not hard at all with the right tools.
  • Hi Bear, a lady in my uke class knows you and your son(ithink your son or relative). I do not know her name, but i'll get it. She told me about you and your CB instruments. Found now you are. I have added a few more pics to my page. I am now about to glue the fret board and attach the neck. The next step is all new territory: nut, bridge and frets. My plan is to just look a my factory uke, grab the seat of my pants and begin. I could really use some advise and maybe a one on one if you have some time in the near future. I will be at the Swallowhill Uke festival all Day Saturday if you are in the area. Otherwise, I'll fit to your schedule. Thanks a million. jh
  • Hey, John -- I'm in Lakewood. Made a lot of CB banjos and electric guitars, but no ukuleles. Seems to me a uke is the perfect instrument for a cigar box, though!
This reply was deleted.