Hey folks, so I started my first CBG build recently.  I was/am using a one of the smaller onyx boxes.  The walls are super thick so I planed two down and have to hit up the other two.  The top of the box isn't very resonant and the bottom by all rights should be the top because it's the perfect thickness and resonates really nicely when I tap it with things. 

That said I chose the wrong box I should have made this into a kalimba or something.  Here's the problem I've gotten two boxes from the local cigar shop in the last six weeks.  That sucks.  The other box is being turned into an amp and this Onyx box might just be scrapped for its beautiful spanish cedar.

Here's what I'm wondering.  Would any of you CBG veterans be interested in giving me a deal on a couple of boxes that I could screw around with?  I mean I'll cover shipping and try to offer you something for the boxes.  Something like 6 - 10 would be awesome.  I've looked at Ebay, but everyone here is using them for the same thing the ebayers wouldn't know a good box, but you folks would.  Thanks

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey rick there's one in Whichita sams colletion, check the third post of the thread.

Brett

rick moore said:
    anyone got a Cohiba box?
    Ive seen a few on Ebay but they want like $10.00 just to ship the darn things.
    from what I've see on Youtube those boxes sound great.
    I'm gonna try build #5 and with any luck this one should become something other then scrap lol.
    rocket9244@yahoo.com, thanx
    http://www.tradenote.net/images/users/000/022/361/products_images/C...
  • anyone got a Cohiba box?
    Ive seen a few on Ebay but they want like $10.00 just to ship the darn things.
    from what I've see on Youtube those boxes sound great.
    I'm gonna try build #5 and with any luck this one should become something other then scrap lol.
    rocket9244@yahoo.com, thanx
    http://www.tradenote.net/images/users/000/022/361/products_images/C...
  • Hey guys, I've been looking for a cuesta rey 1884 cigar box, they seem elusively hard to find though, for $100 I can buy a box with the cigars ;)
    Anyone got in in good condition?

Brett
  • Woot woot. I got six nice looking boxes in the mail three days ago from Wichita Sam. I feel like I got my money's worth. Boxes are in great shape and pretty good sized. Thanks.
  • I second that. I'm brand new here and these folks are pretty great. Tons of info and people willing to help.

Michael Gajeski said:
    we sure have some great people on here
  • we sure have some great people on here
  • What-ca need? postage is cheeeeep

Roger Martin said:
    Ist thing I had to do was check and make sure Sam is a long ways from me,,,,LOL
    Sam is a showoff,always flexing and stuff LOL.
    He's making my puny collection of boxes look puny---er, And I resent it HAAAAAAAAAAA!
    But , if your coming my way any time soon Sam, maybe ya could bring a poor ole Tn, boy some boxes? lol
  • One more thing, Lori Wimberly is on vacation, does anyone miss her as much as I do right now? lol
  • Ist thing I had to do was check and make sure Sam is a long ways from me,,,,LOL
    Sam is a showoff,always flexing and stuff LOL.
    He's making my puny collection of boxes look puny---er, And I resent it HAAAAAAAAAAA!
    But , if your coming my way any time soon Sam, maybe ya could bring a poor ole Tn, boy some boxes? lol
  • Wes, I like the guy at the gym with big biceps.... I worked for them, so I'm gonna pose once in a while....lol

Sam

Wes Yates said:
    Show off [grin]

-WY

Wichita Sam said:
    where are you located? I have several (400) so ought to be able to find you something....
This reply was deleted.