Cigar boxes wanted

Hi All,

Im very new to all of this, Ive built two cigar box guitars so far.

1 x 3 string slide and a 4 string tenor with great success.

Think im hooked!

The problem I am having now is sourcing wooden cigar boxes.....

could anybody give me some ideas were I can get a supply at reasonable costs?

I'm in the UK so P&P costs are an issue....

Im also happy to trade....Im a photographer with a website maybe you may like some of my work?

I have a guitar strap that was owned by Steve howe from the band "YES"................I dont know....?

Leon

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Slowpaw Steve T, That is a beauty!
  • found another beauty! (-:
    10 1/2 inches in length, 2 inches in height, and 5 1/2 inches in width
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360491950531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&amp...
  • I will trade you an awesome wooden CB for that strap. I have Cohibas and others that are perfect!

Send me a message!

Kind regards,

Pelican Guitars

• Hi Don Barnhill,

Would be up for doing a trade with you. I think the strap is worth a bit more than one CB tho'

The strap is leather and has the artwork inscribed from their 1971 album "Fragile" Have included some pictures.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Lhos.
      305911848?profile=original305911984?profile=original305913101?profile=original305914218?profile=original

• I do too! I guess you would have to tell me what it's worth to you. I was a big fan of Yes in the early seventies.

I have found a lot of boxes for cigar box guitars and amps here in California. Some I bought on ebay but proved way too expensive. Most I have gotten from cigar/tobacco shop owners for a few dollars each.

I find the Cohiba boxes in particular very nice to work with. As well as few others like Lost City boxes look very cool. At first I didn't know what to look for in a box but as my experience with it has grown, I look for things like lid alignment and hinge placement and overall looks.

Some boxes are more suited to building amps out of like the Acid boxes. Their lid can act as a sound baffle and allow one to tilt it back on it's lid to produce a matrix sort of sound. It's very cool! In these amps I use a Jensen MOD speaker voiced like a Marshall that's made in Spain.
        I will load some photos for you.

• Here are a few photos:

• Sorry, forgot to say this was owned by Steve Howe himself.

Many years ago I worked in a waste disposal site for household waste. Steve was a regular customer,I used to chat to him from time to time.

One day he came in with a few bags of rubbish to dispose of..when he left I dived into the skip, ripped open the bags and pulled this strap out!

So I know it was his........

• I'm not sure what the cost of shipping boxes to you would be but I will find out! Do you have a  paypal account? 

Thank you,

Don

• Yes I do have paypal account.

Im not sure either of shipping costs.but yes find out if you dont mind.

talk soon.

Thank you

Lhos

• I would need your shipping address to get an accurate idea of what it would cost to get some boxes to you.

I have an active ebay account with hundreds of perfect transactions. My FB score is 100% positive.

This is a transaction we can do. I package items to make it to their destinations safely.

Best regards,

Don

This reply was deleted.