Did you know there is a fast-growing collection of FREE tablature for 3-string cigar box guitars over at CBN's sister site www.CigarBoxGuitar.com? It's true!

For those of you who aren't sure what tablature is, it is a way of writing out songs that shows you exactly where to put your fingers on the instrument to make the notes. There's even a video lesson by Glenn Watt to show you how to read the tablature and play it on a 3-string CBG.

The tab collection is up to about 45 songs, with 3 new ones just added in the last couple of days:

Here are some of the other categories of song tabs that have been posted:

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• John , that site is old & abandoned, so it operates on an old version of the internet? If you’re on a tablet, then click on it until it says “open in a new tab” , click that & then scroll up to see the open tabs & you’ll see it? or it’ll give you a little screen like this in the pic? Click on the page image & it’ll open? That’s what I’ve done on my iOS devices? Good luck11018806888?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I have gone to Cigarbox guitar.com several times,I have very little luck clicking on any thing such as the tabulature subject ,most times I click on it and after afew try’s it will say loading but never ac5ually loads any subject,it looks like it has some great music pieces but for me there is no admittance? Any help !?

• Lookin for a TAB of tom rushen blues??? any help out there.

• Hi Ben

Thank you for the tab it is working for me

I am still trying things with the slide

Rick Washbrook

• "I am just starting out and want to know what is the first song I should learn on a 3 string "Tuned to open G".  I guess the easiest so I will feel accomplished.  I have no music background and wanted to pick up a hobby. Thanks…"

• AC/DC's TNT

Tune to EBE

0*0*0    3*X*X   5*5*5   pause(mute strings after power chords played)

3*0*0   5*5*5*  3*X*X  0*0*0(tiny hesitation) repeat several times

T*N*T   5*0*0  3*X*X  0*0*0

There's more, the break down which starts on first fret 1*1*X then 2*2*X 3*3*X then continue on the fret marks to the bottom

I'll post a video soon of this, I'm just learning to play, but I play this half way decent and it makes it a little easier to play when you see and hear the cadence and mutes pauses etc.

• HI, Anyone know where to get chord charts for a cbg 3 string tuned to DAD?

• I've started to make/translate some songs from either 6 string or 3 string into 4 string. Can I submit them? Is there anyway to get more 4 string tabs?
This reply was deleted.