I started this discussion back in June as " . . . population 1000" when we were knocking up against that milestone, NOW we're closing in on twice that!
...............................................................................................
Where is everybody coming from?

How big will the nation get?

Will the population outstrip our precious natural resources of available cigar boxes?

Will "store-bought" guitars become extinct?

Do you believe in Manifest Destiny?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Make Magazine article will definitely help us. I also just got a call yesterday from Bob Cianci, the writer for Premier Guitar. He couldn't believe the growth! When he wrote about us, there was only 600 members.

I will do whatever I can to continue promoting the cigar box guitar movement and inviting more members to join. I've seen other social networks with subjects like "Jogging in the Woods" that had over 16,000 members. I don't see why we can't hit 10,000 by the end of the year.

Just remember, this is the year we get Songs Inside the Box to air on PBS. That'll be the biggest shot in the arm yet!
    shane
  • Cigar Box Nation: Population 1,944 and growing . . . .
  • yippee!
  • And the lucky winner is... Blues Bender from Bethlehem, PA Tell him what he won Bob...
  • 999!
  • I don't know which pic I like better for #1000

or simply...

• When the economy is as normal we average 1.3 to 1.5 MILLION people a year in our mall.I am very lucky to have that much access for my instruments.
    Now if I can just sell to only 1/2 million or so, maybe we can get a few more members huh? lol
    Today I lucked out,had a bus of older folks come in and in 21 minutes sold 5 instruments,1 amp and pickup kit,I dont know how many slides.I thought I had built enough necks for 8 new DB's and 3 new 3 strings for the shop this Friday.But it looks like I'm going to be in the workshop all night or I wont have enough inventory this weekend.
  • 997 only 3 to go
  • six more to go.
  • I think the webmaster should make sure the 1000th member has an avatar like a birthday hat that says 1000! Forever...
This reply was deleted.