Hi all,

I am pretty new, and have been looking around. I wondered if there is somewhere in the site where people put up pictures and prices of Cigar Box Guitars that are for sale, kind of like our profiles are? I lost a bid on Ebay yesterday that I wish I had won, but am just looking around for just the right instrument and reasonable. I found this thread "For Sale", but I would love to be able to see pics and descriptions of guitars built by all the talented people in here, and have a description and price. Is there anything like that here that doesnt send us to Ebay or outside sites?

Thanks for your help in answering...

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What an impressive pictures and oh so reasonable prices.

• List here of guitars i have sold, busy building new ones to sell, usually within UK as shipping is so expensive across the water. (-:

http://www.slowpawcigarboxcigars.com/guitars-for-sale.html

Slowpaw Cigar Box Guitars

• I first started getting boxes from a cigar shop. They give away the small ones but charge a couple of dollars for the larger ones. I recently found a cigar store closer to home that sells  them for $2 each. They have a stack in the back room and just send you back to pick them out.

If you're in a city of any size, there should be at least one cigar store in town. And they will have a stack of boxes somewhere. People use them for all sorts of hobby or craft things. Just get out the phone book and make a few calls and I'll bet you have a source of boxes within ten minutes.

• I've been selling them since 2005. They start at $79.99. Here's my site: http://www.jagshouse.com/cigarboxguitars.html

Enjoy!

Jag

• Hi here's a link to a group I have started on facebook were there are picture's and video's of CBG's Most of the people posting also sell so if you see a style you like contact seller and Im sure they will sort out something. I also am a maker & lover CBG's that I sell    http://www.facebook.com/groups/345844995503402/   come check it out!

• pardon the shameless plug,  ..  but  you can  have a look  at my swamp~witches    here  ..

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/the-new-swamp-witch-elder-line-... full video  / sound  sample /and price

and the website  is  posted  in description .

the " for sale "    post  is a  great  place  to  look   and compare ,,   but there are many  great builders on this site that  just post them as a video  .

asking   or stating a  price range  may help   narrow your search down .

and help  other members direct you   easier  . 

hope that helps .   ;-)

• Letha,

To further the shamelessness, I recently purchased a custom Swamp Witch from pick, for what we both felt was a reasonable price. I have also purchased gits from Shane Speal, a resale of a Wichita Sam custom build, and two gits from Harrison Withers. All of them came to my notice from either the For Sale page, or pick's non-ads. Only reason I haven't also bought any from Michael S, Dan Sleep, Chickenbone John, Josh Gayou, smokestack guitars, and a few others here, is 1) overseas shipping, and more importantly, 2) gotta keep Momma happy by not overloading The System ;-).

You'd also be surprised at how many people here might be willing to sell you something that simply catches your eye and "speaks" to you. Cruise through the pics and vids (wish there was a way to catalogue / categorize them), and as RTZ said, put out a rough idea of what you're looking for and your price range. I ga-Ron-tee you'll have 5 or more builders contacting you here within an hour or less. Oh, look Michael S and Dan already have...3 more to go ;-)
      • Heh, just noticed this.  I always absorb the shipping costs into the price of the instrument.  I don't charge for shipping ;)

• Hmm, I will have to check the shipping rate to your country. I'll get back to you Oily. : )

This reply was deleted.