Replies

• Great Job David , really looks cool , the sacking looks real good like a poor mans tweed sorta look - infact a Amp Cab would look pretty old skool coverd in that
    juju.
  • Thanks, the newspaper was from 1967. I found it in my house, used to wrap some old stuff in. There are several small headlines which are particularly relevant to that era. The bottom was lined with some old hessian sacking (gunny bag) that I also found in the house. Probably even older than the paper.
  • Wow, a real thing of beauty. Love it. _B
  • Nice job, I like the beetle ad in the liner, very cool.
  • Well it's just about finished so here's a couple of photos. I'm pretty pleased with it.

• Elderly also has this 3/4 size guitar bag that is a little wider and longer than the Backpacker bag for the same price.
    http://elderly.com/accessories/items/RBSLG-3-4.htm

Jeff Reid said:
    I picked up a new Martin Backpacker gigbag( 10 x 36) at Elderly Instruments for $20. It works great with my CBG. It also has a zip compartment for slides and picks.
  • So, my case is well under way now. Ripped down some rough cut timber for the sides. Pinned and glues thin pky top and bottom then cut through the sides to create lid and bottom piece. Got the hinges on and trying to figure the inside arrangement to hold the guitar. got some good ideas for finishing. I want it to look pretty old and well worn so I trashed the timber a bit with old chains, srews and odd pieces of metal hammered against it to create dings. I'll stain it brown, put my logo on it - possibly burnt on with a template and blow torch. It looks good in my mind, just need to materialise it now.
  • Ok, so everyone has an opinion on cases. I found a great gig bag today that exactly fits all of my personal CBGs. My builds are about 36" inches long (or less) and this one is 36" which fits great. I was at Guitar Center near me and found a RoadRunner "Little Brat" bag Model #KEGP30 for $39 USD. Here are some links:

Music123.com
    Guitar Center
    Mi Supply

I got one, but I'm prolly gonna get one more.

-WY
  • lol

Erik Ryman said:
    Thinking about the denim case idea - if anybody is making a double bass and needs some fat arsed jeans...I might well be your man..

Roger Martin said:
    I saw a video the other day where a fellow used a pair of old jeans to make a cool gig bag.He cut off what he didnt need ,then sewed it up and stuffed the neck down the pants leg,,,,,,,thinking about trying it myself.
  • Thinking about the denim case idea - if anybody is making a double bass and needs some fat arsed jeans...I might well be your man..

Roger Martin said:
    I saw a video the other day where a fellow used a pair of old jeans to make a cool gig bag.He cut off what he didnt need ,then sewed it up and stuffed the neck down the pants leg,,,,,,,thinking about trying it myself.
This reply was deleted.