yes, we use to joke about the cigar box "bandwagon' and if china would jump on board...we'll its official!

here is a cigar box "type' uke that they are now MASS PRODUCIING ..by "fox music"and selling on ebay!...these are the same people selling products under "cigar box guitar" keywords and watering down the catagory making it hard for eveyone else to sell becuse theier products pop up first!

your hobby has now been outsourced!

click this link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321118178503&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know this is a 2013 post, but is that the Eddy Finn uke? I saw it on Facebook recently. I get why people get so up-in-arms about this stuff. We're supposed to support local builders and small businesses. However, all DIY ends up getting the factory treatment. Also, think of the musician who's never heard of CBGs, and either finds one of these, or receives one. These could be gateway/rabbit hole instruments. Even Gitty sell some of his kits thru Guitar Center now.
  • This just the begining.Next thing you know those evil Canadians will start importing their builds here ay?
  • Good job!

• 306068564?profile=original

• It makes me smile whenever I buy a product with this label!  I fell all good and warm inside like I'm giving my money to a good cause!

• A straw man or straw person  is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position. This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues.

straw man by johnny_automatic - Caricature, the Wit & Humor of a Nation in Picture, Song & Story, 1911

• well said! Clocks in my corner!

• Whereas a red herring is similar, but smells worse. The Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz was a straw man. That's why making him an intellectual, and the subsequent ruler of Oz, replacing the Wizard, was so funny.
      • 306071690?profile=original

• teddy bear drawing made in China... also on sale: straw men and red herrings (made in Malaysia)

This reply was deleted.