Chamfered neck?

Anybody else done a chamfered neck profile? I 've had a few people who say the like it over a square neck. For me it's fast to build and more precise than rounding by hand but I m not sure I like it. Does anyone have any feedback from players using this type of profile?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you're going to chamfer the neck you are more than half way to a radiussed neck so just continue "chamfering" the new corners you have created .....result a nice comfy neck

• That's a good point Michael. I think I've come to that conclusion also. Thanks.
  • Chamfer is still better than a square neck, but if you don't only play on your laps, round neck is better for your hands comfort.
    As I have read here, the first sensation of a guitar player is the neck, if it isn't comfortable, all the work you done on the guitar is lost time.

• I use a half inch roundover bit in my table router and round off the back of all my necks. I suppose it would be personal preference, but I would think either a chamfered or rounded over neck would be preferable to most players.

This reply was deleted.