I have some odds and ends that I'd like to use for a guitar that uses a large smoked salmon box made from cedar.  There are lots of them around if you are inclined to pay $50 for a slab of smoked fish.  I love the stuff, but no one else in my house will get near it, so the expense doesn't really make sense.

Looking for something like these.  Bigger is better.  :)

If anyone out there has a smoked salmon box they would be willing to part with, I have lots of boxes and tins that I would be happy to trade.  I have all-wood Oliva, Padron, Punch Sesenta, etc.  I also have some biscuit and candy tins from my friends in the UK.

Thanks for looking.  

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can't help you with a trade, but I did find the manufacturer of the boxes in your top and bottom pics.

http://www.woodpak.com/gourmet-food-boxes.html

I dunno if they'd sell you blemished boxes or "seconds" or not, but it might be worth getting hold of them to find out.

Good luck!

• One of my favorite builds is a salmon box. I had to flip the lid cause it was warped.

• Looks great.  I picked up some fish theme drawer pulls from a hardware store at some point and I'd like to use these on a salmon box rather than a cigar box.  Just seems to make more sense.

• well , I for one am looking forward to see this build , i just really like printed/stamped wood...:)

• 305859453?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024305859423?profile=original

• Eric,

I'm gonna be in New York City in about two weeks. Send me the salmon, you keep the box, and I'll go halvsies. ;-)

I looked at getting just the boxes when I was in Alaska last summer, and was told, "Not available unless you purchase the contents." And they weren't any cheaper up there locally.

Or you can order 4 oz of salmon, with the boxes, with artwork, from these guys:

http://www.alaskasmokehouse.com/114/Salmon-Gift-Boxes.html - $11.95 plus shipping
    • Thanks for the link!  I hadn't seen the smaller size filet in the larger box, but I hadn't looked too carefully yet either.

Shipping to NY is almost as much as the box with a total just under $25.

I'll keep looking around for an exchange/trade/freebie and purchase from that place if no other options are present.  

• Have you contacted West Coast Select to see if they would sell you the boxes alone?

John

• No, but that's on the list of possibilities.  I thought I'd try the "help a brother out" network first.

• Jabes, agreed on the cost and it being somewhat overrated.  I can't see spending $50 on it just for me.  A portion at a time, however.  Mmmmmm.  Of course, I'll take your fish and chips too.  And some extra chips.

Here's something I picked up from a Polish restaurant in Salem, MA.  Almost as good as playing CBG.  Potato pancakes, sunny side up eggs and smoked salmon.

305858493?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.