Here is my very first CB... anything.  It's a Kalimba in Gmaj.  I used an old Grass rake for the tines, and some old parts from a T-track for the clamp.  Pretty simple build, and sounds amazing.  Thaks to the Nation for all the tips and help!  Hope you enjoy the pics.

Todd

IMG_5291.JPG

IMG_5300.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• kalimba site?

HENRY LOWMAN said:
    LOVE IT!!!!!! Nice work! Come join the Kalimba site and post some pics, vids and music! :-)
  • LOVE IT!!!!!! Nice work! Come join the Kalimba site and post some pics, vids and music! :-)
  • Todd Plummer said:
    I Totally agree... :) I'd have a video clip up but am not that great at playing it yet.... I'll try and get one up this eve though so everyone can hear it.
    Thanks
    TP>
    You can get a program called KTabs at http://ktabs.theirhouse.org/k... I've used it to help learn how to play a kalimba, and work out in advance new tunings. I think I paid $30 for the full version of the program that lets me print and save.

• I Totally agree... :) I'd have a video clip up but am not that great at playing it yet.... I'll try and get one up this eve though so everyone can hear it. Thanks TP
    Matt Towe said:

;) Matt lol
  • ;) Matt lol
  • Would love to hear this...
  • Here's an inbedded pic...

Wfm5PaaAxsmBhUmbMJkSmjk23LVmauBojDeb4X4x*uVbfxwEX4WFBmhg2uBy2rM9Qb8bGc-%3Cp%20style=

sHRgE8ME6RfrmCiSy-nMhiIJs/IMG_5291.JPG" alt=""/>

This reply was deleted.