Ok nice pickup, and following the advice on a YouTube video, I got the dog ears ground off and it is bolted directly to my 3-string neck.

However, I notice it is very microphonic.  Is there a way to reduce this?  I've heard old 60s and 70s Teisco pickups we also microphonic, but by wax-potting them the problem could be reduced a lot.

What might be a good remedy here?

Picture here: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9a/86/8b/9a868b0f58354161f30d5f85ed975dc3.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you get it working right?

• Still work in progress

• It is common to get feedback problems if your pickup is not "tightly" put together.
    Take the top of the pickup off. Does it behave the same?
    • Yeah-a thin piece of felt or even folded up paper. I've taken old gold foil pickups apart to see how they are made-one had part of a teisco bass add shoved inside under the foil!
    • Do you mean removing the cover?

• Yup, try taking the cover off. It may be vibrating and causing feedback.
        • If I find that to be the cause, then maybe put some kind of material in to make a tighter fit?

• That's were the plate will get it's ground, through the cable to the jack.

What about the strings? Most acoustic guitars with these pups don't have grounded strings that will cause some noise when your not touching them. If you can life with that fine, if not you'll need to run a ground wire from the plate to the ends of the strings or bridge if it's made of metal.

• Doesn't the ground wire go through the cable to the plug?

• Yes it does

This reply was deleted.