Hi, I'm an absolute beginner and have just got my first CBG. I have down loaded from 'Cigar Box Nation' all of the links relating to learning to play. But, I wondered if any member knows of any place or anyone near me (Warwickshire) in the UK where a beginners workshop is run, or of an individual willing to help me with some practical lessons. I'm prepared to travel within the Warwickshire / West Midlands area and would be more than happy to reimburse someone for their time and trouble. I'm a retired mature gentleman, so, desperately want learn the basics while these old fingers of mine still (just about..!) work. Watching the video tutorials is good but I think I would really benefit from some real live lessons. Hoping somebody out there can help or advise :-)

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, I've been running beginners courses in Bearwood, West Midlands, but havent got any programmed right now. I will be arranging more, or if you want one-to-one lessons I can do that too..just drop me  a message.

• Hi, Many thanks for your reply, sounds just what I want..! Will drop you a message.

• Hi David, 

I would try contacting Chickenbone John, he's in the West Midlands area and is very highly regarded. He definitely runs workshops, and I think I heard somewhere he will also do private lessons. Website below, good luck and stick at it. 

http://www.chickenbonejohn.com

This reply was deleted.