Has anyone built a CBG with a built in amp and speaker ? I haven't been able to able to tame the  feedback to a playable level.I put the speaker, pick up and amp as far away from each other as possible... I'm sure some of you advanced builders know the fix. Ideas anyone ?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Don't know what the chip is for sure but it does have a overdrive that can be 

cut  by pulling a jumper out ... Thanks for everyones input  now I  have a couple

of different ways to attempt to resolve it. Ill do a follow up post soon....

• When I add an onboard amp I just wire it to the output jack so it plays whatever is able to go out to an external amp. So if you then wire piezo and magnetic via a 3 way to the output jack you get the output options of mag/both/piezo and if the input for the onboard amp is wired to the output jack it will play these options.  In my limited experience I have found piezo discs will feedback so you can either only use the magnetic pup, make the buyer aware to only use the magnetic with the internal amp (or expect to only play it low volume on piezo) or add one of the passive piezo preamps between the piezo and 3 way switch to tame it (works even better if you can add a piezo rod instead of a disc). Also what did you use as the onboard amp? The LM386 chip seems more troublesome with feedback than some of the ones that don't have an overdrive when it is fitted onboard.

David

• Yes  using a piezo for the on board amp but using a single coil pu for external amp.

can that be used for both ? will I need a switch ?

• I have to assume you are using a piezo hence the feedback problems. Wouldn't happen with a magnetic.

Don

• No it was done for a customer I told him to take it and I

would try to get some ideas to correct it...

• Do you have any video?
  • Thanks for the ideas
  • Check out this thread:

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/builtin-amp

• Just realized I had a real senior moment I have a feedback problem not distortion I love distortion.

Sorry my bad !!! 

• Hi Bob,I'm using a piezo and have to turn it down so low it's not worth having it on board. Somewhere I heard egg crate

foam like studios use on walls may help anyone know about that. 

This reply was deleted.