Replies

• Thaks all's for help me out,,ia done,,,lifting the bridge a little bit,finally,,every different box is a adventure,hihi.thaks a lot.
    • Does raising the bridge leave you with a high action?I wonder if chamfering away the rear edge of the domino would have been a better solution?

The strings look high at the first fret,I would ditch the screw and make a proper nut,If you can't lay your hands on bone or hard plastic like corian a piece of hardwood will do

• If you use hardwood, I coat mine in Thin CA (Superglue).  Can be found at most hobby shops...

• If lifting the bridge helped,also pressing down hard with your finger, then the problem was most likely fret buzz. You can check for equal heights with a short metal straight edge between three frets to see if any of them create a rocking movement. Most guitars will have no rocking motion between three frets. Look for and learn about fret buzz to see if this problem is similar to your own.

• A utility razor blade works great for this purpose.  I was thinking three things:  Action too low, high fret, or buzzing at the bridge.  (I think you guys had this covered...)

• I forgot this,metallic sound with lot vibration
    • I think the frets have differing heights along the fretboard. With home built instruments each fret should be the same height.. A straight edge.. If they are uneven then you will get lots of buzzing 

• String break angle. The strings passing over the nut or bridge towards the tuners and string stop have to be at an appropriate angle.

Also, How thick is the domino your using for the bridge? a thick bridge saddle should have slot grooves at an angle down toward the string stop/termination.

• Very true. The point where the strings pass over the bridge (also at the nut, if it isn't held tight at the sides) should be quite thin. 

• Im.going to check this tonight,thanks
This reply was deleted.