I just finished my first cb Gitty amp kit build. I can turn up both amp and my cbg (2 piezo) to full and hardly hear it. I cranked the tone adjustment all the way up (clockwise) and got a bit more sound, but hardly enough to hear over normal conversation. I've checked wires for continuity so I don't think any bad solder joints. The guitar sounds fine through other amps. Any suggestions?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ben is the Bee's Knee's when it comes to service :-)

Top notch!!!

• Glad it worked!  You might want to contact Ben and see about getting that board replaced.  

• Received a replacement board from Ben at CB Gitty.  and a prewired one to boot!  Really impressed with his customer service.  I'll let you know how it works out once installed.

• Brian,

I just looked at the photo of the speaker and I think that may be the culprit. Have you tried hooking up another speaker? The center cone should glued to the rest of the speaker. I have looked at several that I have in the shop and none of them have a loose center cone.

• Bad Speaker?  Duh, why didn't I think of that?  Test everything...  assume nothing...

• I found another speaker and swapped.  Not much change.  I don't think the speaker is/was the problem.

• I don't think you replied:: Did you verify the jack wasn't reversed?

• Yes, the polarity at the jack checked... Black to ring and red to tip.
    • To all interested: I received the setup from John today an what a difference! Has plenty of volume now. Now... Only if I could add a bit of reverb!!
    • That's good to hear Brian, you can make some real noise now.

This reply was deleted.