Replies

• Ever seen a Kala U-bass (bass ukulele?) They have short scales (21") and special strings that give them an amazing bass thump. I think you could use those strings on your CBG and get an impressive sound.

Kala U-Bass

• Cool thanks for the input and ill let you know how it comes out...
    • Also as far as tuners. I don't want to spend the bucks for hipshot ... Any tips on decent tuners
      • Go to eBay, search "bass tuners" and gasp in amazement. You can get a set from Hong Kong for under $10, postpaid. Now, they may not be the same quality as Hipshots, but they're perfectly adequate for what we typically do.

No, I haven't built a bass with those Kala strings, but now you have me thinking....

• Hey Busy, have you built a cb bass using these strings. Sounds like a good idea. Do I need to add a truss? I'm guessing no ... Thanks for the tip.
  • I will thanks Brian
  • I believe there's a Bass group here Matt, U may want to check em' out,see what they're doin'

another option is to run weed wacker line for strings with a piezo pickup

Weed Wacker sizes:

E .105 A 0.95 D 0.80 G 0.65 or E 0.170 A .155 D .130  G .105

U won't need a truss rod for Weed Wacker strings

• for a 4 string with bass strings you'd want a truss rod

• Or dumb question # 2 can I use bottom four guitar strings. As u can tell I know nothing about basses
    • So Dan. A piece of square stock would be good? Should I epoxy it in or let it float? I will not be adjustable so I'm thinking epoxy so it won't flop around
This reply was deleted.