Replies

• I know people who travel with equipment. To save money and headaches they ship stuff UPS. Most large hotels and convention centers have provisions now for this service. Check with the hotel your booking at. They may except UPS shipments in your name.

• I know. He should get some stickers soon. Speaking of dressing like a musician, they have this new accessory called Pickbandz. https://www.google.com/search?q=Pickbandz&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8...
    That'd probably be a good conversation piece.
  • No amount of decorations will keep you from raising suspicions. Give yourself the time and be prepared to be checked.

Dress up like a musician? Awesome! Wear a full length studded leather coat. Set the metal detectors off 50 feet away. And if you know your going to be strip searched? Wear Winnie the Pooh or SpongeBob underwear. You'll get lots of attention that way. : )

I HIGHLY advise against waling around with an open gun case in an airport.

• I thought about keepoming it partway open, to show part of the neck. I like it, because it's padded, and has a zipped pocket. In the ID window, I put the tag that was tied to the CBGS, but with the other side showing, and the words, "3 strong GDG tuned cigar box guitar." He should get stickers in a couple of weeks.
  • Paint the outline of a guitar in thick white paint on the outside of the case (like at a murder crime scene). In bold letters inside the outline, paint the words, "Guitarslinger."

But they'll still make you open the case when you go through security.
This reply was deleted.