I am thinking about starting to construct carrying cases for CBGs. Does any one think it is a good or bad idea. What do people use to transport them now ? I cant find any for sale so I think its a good idea but would people buy them?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have since the original post of this discussion started to build my own cases as well.
  • Now THAT'S a case!

Nathan King said:

Coolest case I've ever seen (and I am very biased, as my old man built it for me):

240279188?profile=original

240280360?profile=original

Holds my two main gigging instruments, but I can swap out almost any CBG I've made (with the exception of very deep boxes) without problems.

• Coolest case I've ever seen (and I am very biased, as my old man built it for me):

240279188?profile=original

240280360?profile=original

Holds my two main gigging instruments, but I can swap out almost any CBG I've made (with the exception of very deep boxes) without problems.

• I will be making padded gig bags soon , will post a pic of the first one sometime next week
  • daddy mojo sells some really nice ones on their website for 75 bux
  • http://smokehouseguitars.com/blognewsroll/?cat=38  Here is one place you can find them.

Eric J Kadle/Cotton eyed Joe's said:
    where does one get there hands on a lowe cone
  • Yep - in the Toys R Us music area they have a soft side case that goes on sale occasionally at $15 each. I wouldn't use it for plane or train travel, but it's great for running around locally.

Ben said:
    I think you may have something there. I, however, have too many various cases as it is. I've found that they usually fit in either a baritone uke case or a small guitar case (like the baby taylor). I know that Jon Pruett buys cases from Toys R Us (to fit their little tiny guitars).

305682921?profile=original

• where does one get there hands on a lowe cone
  • 305701767?profile=original
  • I've been considering duct tape/ card board for custom cases.  Seems like a match to me for some reason.
This reply was deleted.