This tuner is meant for a classical guitar where it mounts through the side of the head and the peg goes into a slot in the head.

I thought I read on cbgitty that you could do something like this if you just used bushings. But I can't find that info now.

I would be using it on a slanted head. Look at attachments.

s-l500.jpg

images.png

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Calvin

I think you will find that the tuners you show are for a steel string guitar with a slotted peghead, as the shafts are steel. Classical tuners have a plastic shaft and these will crack through in time from the extra tension of steel strings.

Cheers Taff 

• I don't want the shafts to go through the side. I want them to go through the front to back.

• ah  . 

• i don't know if the spacing would be right.

• i'd   advise  you   just   get regular  enclosed  back mount tuners  . 

they are  more  "forgiving" than   most  open tuners   regardless  .

• Can you please explain "forgiving' in what regard.

• enclosed    tuners are   less prone to  stripping   than most open  tuners  .

and will allow for   less than  perfectly   straight  drilled  holes  and angles  etc .  in general .

altho  .  open tuners can usually  be  fine  when  installed  properly  and with  proper equipment    etc  .  

This reply was deleted.