CAN BEANS!!

Beans Hambone's 1931 recording of 'Beans' sure is a nifty little novelty CBG record. I know, it's historically significant and all that - blah, blah, blah - but ENOUGH already! After the 4 billionth time through the play cycle, I'm starting to think . . . just maybe it shouldn't be the front and center definition of 'the Nation' forever and ever, Amen. is it just me? I say let's storm the corporate offices of Cigar Box Nation and give that twangy little bastard what he's got comin' to him. WHO'S WITH ME? YEEEHAWW!!!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hip Hip Hurrah!
    He truly is a benevolent despot.
  • The people have spoken. The 'king' has heard their cries.
  • Couldja just click the 'shuffle' option, Shane?
  • My point exactly, Ben.
    I love it . . . but it's just a quirky little obscure novelty number, at best.
    It shouldn't be the Nations eternal flame of a calling card.

Let's lay the discussion at the door of the monarchy . . . for what it's worth.

Ben said:
    I'm a little bit torn. I didn't like beans at first...partially because of the intonation on the guitar. I heard it before building my own so I kinda thought "Frets must be really hard to get right if his sounds that bad." Obviously I was wrong and fretting an instrument (in terms of measuring scale length, etc.) is pretty easy. I like it for its nostalgic value but wouldn't mind if it were knocked out of the #1 spot. I'd actually prefer something in shuffled mode because replacing it with something difinitive would be nearly impossible.
  • I'm a little bit torn. I didn't like beans at first...partially because of the intonation on the guitar. I heard it before building my own so I kinda thought "Frets must be really hard to get right if his sounds that bad." Obviously I was wrong and fretting an instrument (in terms of measuring scale length, etc.) is pretty easy. I like it for its nostalgic value but wouldn't mind if it were knocked out of the #1 spot. I'd actually prefer something in shuffled mode because replacing it with something difinitive would be nearly impossible.
  • I have only listened to it once.
    And only half way through....
    Where do I sign??
  • Do I need to circulate some kind of petition?

Even ol' 'Beans' himself would be embarrassed at this point.
  • say AMEN!
This reply was deleted.