Hey guys and gals, hope all are well.

I was wondering of anyone has a good suggestion for a camera that can take video with decent sound and pics with good clarity. My Nikon L610 gave up. Something with decent battery life and is less than $500. Any and all thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Ray

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Well Tim, I pulled the trigger on the Zoom H1 essential. Should be here Saturday. Still don't know what I'll do about a camera, perhaps the Zoom Q2 or Q8, maybe,  but this will keep my wife and I busy for awhile. Thanks for the tip!

Ray

• If you are willing to start from scratch camera and lens wise. then mirrorless cameras seem to be the future with all of the major brands going in that direction 

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/buying-guide-best-cameras-under-500

•  Thank you for the link, Timothy. I'll get to that later today. Hoping for something with at least as good sound as the Nikon. It was pretty good.

•  Thanks for those tips. They'll be quite helpful. I'll look up "Zoom"

My introduction, well, semi-serious amature photography, 25 years ago, low-budget camera style was a second hand AE-1 with a little collection of filters and a couple of good lenses. I loved that camera, took a few good pictures, more bad ones and learned a lot. Sadly the camera died and I sold the extras. Fast -forward to a few years ago with the L-610 digital. Pretty good, but would like to move up a little to a better rig for recording my wife and I for fun.

Thanks again, Timothy

Ray

• i would suggest that if you have any Nikon lenses that you stick with that brand. 

I am a canon guy so anything from the 60D up to the 90D can do 1080P video. i think they are marketed as rebel in the states?

as for sound some cameras have a mic socket for an external mic but a seperate audio recorder like a zoom would be better. let the camera record audio as well so it is easier to sync the external recorded audio to the video.

This reply was deleted.