Call for Entries! Headstock designs

All, I want to make a Call for Entries here regarding headstock design for CBGs. My goal is to create a PDF (probably) showing different headstock designs, construction ideas, different designs based on number of strings, historical designs, with examples and figures. If anyone would like to contribute their "prized designs", along with a short description and/or construction methods, that would be what we would need. And most important, please send information as to who you are, and any pertinent information for proper credit! Naturally this is a "buy the community, for the community" effort. I will also be researching headstock designs. If you wish to contribute your designs**, You can send them to: gmac63@gmail.com Along with that: Name: Email address (optional, if you wish to have that published): Location (general area, state, country): CBG name if any: CBG Type (CBG, Diddly, canjo, banjo, etc): Description*: Construction method (optional): * Including reasons why you chose this design. Does it have any significance? Does the headstock fit a particular style of instrument? Historical significance perhaps? Most importantly, pictures! Please provide a reasonably good frontal, and profile shot including some of the neck if possible. Picture somewhere in the 600px X 400px X 72ppi range or about 800KB before jpeg (I can accept about any format other than jpeg).If its bigger, please send a jpeg tho. If you have other pics such as the style of instrument, then send them too (not too many tho). I don't know how long this will take, but I'm really excited about the work. Cheers! -Wes Yates gmac63@gmail.com ** There is no guarantee that your entries will be used. All entries are the property of their respective owners but given freely for use in this work. I reserve the right to create alter size, crop, color, apply appropriate copyright to, or fit of any examples sent as needed, but will endeavor not to alter the pictures other than that. This work, when finished will be freely available for review and alteration as needed. This work will not be used as a commercial venture and is not intended to be sold.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Just a reminder. Only have one so far.
  • Oh and if anyone has any examples already here, just send the link or tell me which pic it is.
  • HE HE HE HE. Oh, you've got some?!?

Ben said:
    And an appendex of the ones that don't work and the results?
  • And an appendex of the ones that don't work and the results?
This reply was deleted.