I thought it'd be a great idea to put the latest albums up from the artists playing at Bluesfest - so those of you lucky enough to go can check out what you want to see. And for those of you overseas who, I'm sure, will be extremely jealous. So check back here over the next week or so to check it out, and of course any more new announcements of performers will be added also.AND REMEMBER - POSTS ARE RUNNING FROM TOP TO BOTTOM - SO YOU'LL HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN AND GO THRU THE PAGES TO FIND THE NEWER POSTS

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/

Views: 5887

Replies to This Discussion

http://dfiles.ru/files/2q9ec9m27

Fat Freddy's Drop - Based On A True Story (2005)
01. Ernie – 7:17
02. Cay's Crays – 7:07
03. This Room – 5:00
04. Ray Ray – 7:38
05. Dark Days – 6:40
06. Flashback – 6:30
07. Roady – 7:08
08. Wandering Eye – 9:49
09. Del Fuego – 5:24
10. Hope – 7:19

http://depositfiles.com/files/qu4ad5sge

1. The Camel (13:29)

2. The Raft (16:11)

3. Flashback (12:15)

4. Pull The Catch (10:53)

5. The Nod (10:16)

6. Shiverman (15:57)

http://depositfiles.com/files/wa368nc4q

Xavier Rudd – Spirit Bird (2012)

Singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Xavier Rudd has long since established himself as one Australia’s more iconic voices. Drawing influence from Aborigine culture, Rudd combines contemporary guitar with the didgeridoo, stomp box, percussion and other instruments.
With his seventh studio album, Spirit Bird, Rudd has established himself as an eclectic musician with a natural style. He combines soft, melodic vocals with unique instrumentals to create a sound that is all at once inspiring and heartbreaking.
…Rudd revives the traditional aspects of Australian music by the using the didgeridoo consistently throughout the record, adding a defining characteristic. His lyrics paint sprawling mental images that bring the stories he tells in song to life. On the first track, “Lioness Eye,” the album unfolds before you with an extended didgeridoo solo that captures your attention entirely. Quirky as the instrument may be, Xavier Rudd has clearly mastered it and puts it to good use for all to enjoy.

“3 Roads” sounds more like a soundscape recorded in a jungle or perhaps the Australian Outback rather than a song created in a recording studio. Toward the end of the emotional title track, “Spirit Bird,” a chorus of children accompanies Rudd, allowing for an epic vocal crescendo. Abrupt and organic vocals give this already whimsical piece an ethereal element. Pop-like beats keep the album relevant and interesting. Many songs on Spirit Bird describe the loss of sacred lands—mourning for the wilderness that we so easily consume. The lyricist prays for days in the future where war does not reign supreme over humanity.

Melancholy vocals surround the calls for brotherhood on tracks like “Bow Down.” Handy acoustic guitar work is the perfect accent to the more easy-going songs, such as “Full Circle.” The lines that designate a love song from a religious song are blurred on “Mystery Angel,” where you are not sure if the subject in question is Rudd’s mother, god, or lover. Either way, this record is easy, feel-good listening that musically keeps you interested for its entirety. Spirit Bird is filled with openly vulnerable lyrics and cannot be compared to much contemporary music sonically.

http://uploadjet.net/829th759vgzb/GlenHansard-RhythmRepose2012.rar.htm

BONUS TRACKS HERE: http://uploadjet.net/6ny1jtyc59vy/RhythmReposeDeluxeEdition2012.rar...

Glen Hansard – Rhythm and Repose [Deluxe Edition] (2012)

Glen Hansard dropped out of school nearly three decades ago to busk on the streets of Dublin, and he’s long since learned how to fill the open air with his voice. He can boom stridently with the brashest belters, while the signature hole in his acoustic guitar — the product of countless pummeling strums — embodies the wear-and-tear of a life lived with outsize emotions. As lead singer of The Frames, Hansard often muses over intense desires and the pursuit of redemption (“I want my life to make more sense,” he sang in 1999′s “Pavement Tune”), and that’s frequently meant bellowing with messianic ferocity.
Hansard’s life has taken some wild and mostly glorious turns in the past five or six years: He starred in the tiny indie film Once, which won him and singer/costar Marketa Irglova an Academy Award for their irresistible and now-ubiquitous song “Falling Slowly.” The Frames largely gave way to The Swell Season, in which he and Irglova — lovers who soon parted, only to continue collaborating professionally and as friends — performed as a duo, with an assist from Hansard’s old bandmates. Most recently, their movie together spawned a Broadway sensation, to the tune of eight Tony Awards, including Best Musical.

As a singer who’s now releasing his first solo album, Hansard can still make the rafters shake, but he’s grown increasingly sparing in his intensity. Particularly on his most recent studio recordings, Hansard has steered frequently toward the slow burn: Unlike many pop singers with large and expressive voices (and even the somewhat more nuanced likes of his long-ago guitar tech Jeff Buckley), Hansard often lets his songs simmer to a stop without giving in to a cathartic release along the way.

A gentle, breezy bummer, Rhythm and Repose (out June 19) is Hansard’s quietest record yet; to put it mildly, it spends more time in repose than it spends enslaved by the rhythm. Other than a few showy climaxes in its midsection (“High Hope” and “Bird of Sorrow,” to be exact), Rhythm and Repose remains content mostly to seethe lightly, with much of its instrumentation employed for the purpose of subtle shading. Those seeking vein-bulging thunder will have to plunge back into Hansard’s rich catalog, or wait to see him command yet another live stage. In the meantime, he still sings of the same things — unrequited longing, mistakes repeated, the enduring pursuit of grace and joy — but they’re channeled here through a mature mind in a mellow mood.

01 – You Will Become (03:48)
02 – Maybe Not Tonight (05:30)
03 – Talking With The Wolves (04:44)
04 – High Hope (03:55)
05 – Bird Of Sorrow (05:51)
06 – The Storm, It’s Coming (03:28)
07 – Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting (04:17)
08 – What Are We Gonna Do (03:00)
09 – Races (04:34)
10 – Philander (03:52)
11 – Song Of Good Hope (03:48)

Deluxe Edition:
12 – Come Away to the Water
13 – This Gift
14 – Rare Bird

http://turbobit.net/v9mew2mrktxu.html

Frank Turner – Live from Wembley Arena (2012)

A former member of punk rock band Million Dead, Frank Turner turned his attention to folkier, acoustic “musics” after the demise of the aforementioned hardcore outfit. Born in Bahrain in 1981, Turner was educated at Eton College in England. When introducing his autobiographical “Wessex Boy” (about getting pissed with his mates in Winchester) he screamed out to the Wembley crowd (or rather, politely and clearly enunciated): “I think it would be just fucking super if you could all sing along.” The rollicking, toe-tapper of a track certainly got things going. The crowd formed a mass of arm-wavers directly in front of the stage stretching for over a hundred metres like a heaving body of wriggling maggots. Turner conducted them beautifully throughout the gig and the Arena pulsed with unified stomping. Supported by his band, The Sleeping Souls, the night’s performance was a medley of his greatest hits, plus material from his latest album, England Keep My Bones. There were a number of special guests. Introducing “A big musical influence…my mum!” his rather surprised mother, who hadn’t known he’d spring this on her, wandered out and joined him on “Dan’s Song” playing the harmonica. Billy Bragg, who had played a support set earlier in the evening, tipped up onstage again to duet with Turner on a brilliant cover of Bob Dylan’s “The Times They Are A-Changing”. Tracks like “Reasons not to be an idiot” and “Ballad of Me and My Friends” show that it is Turner’s honest, universal truth-telling that has got him here. A couple of big, macho-looking men in the row nearest me were singing along, swaying with their eyes closed. Turner opened his 90-minute set with the “Eulogy” which contains the lyric “Not everyone can be Freddie Mercury”. But blasting out a cover of Queen’s “Somebody to Love” to a bellowing audience who couldn’t have been more appreciative, Turner’s nice guy routine seems to suggest that he can.
1. Intro 0:13

2. Eulogy 1:40
3. Try This At Home 1:52
4. If Ever I Stray 2:55
5. Reasons Not To Be An Idiot 4:28
6. Nashville Tennessee 3:33
7. Wessex Boy 5:20
8. Peggy Sang The Blues 3:42
9. I Am Disappeared 4:36
10. Love Ire & Song 4:15
11. Glory Hallelujah 4:19
12. The Real Damage 4:03
13. Dan’s Song 4:55
14. Father’s Day 5:05
15. Substitute 3:58
16. Long Live The Queen 4:18
17. I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous 3:01
18. Sons Of Liberty 4:38
19. Four Simple Words 6:41
20. The Road 3:31
21. I Still Believe 3:44
22. Somebody To Love 4:29
23. Encore 1:28
24. The Times They Are A Changin’ (With Billy Bragg) 3:58
25. Ballad Of Me And My Friends 3:43
26. Photosynthesis 10:27

http://uploaded.net/file/wz9m5f4r

Fred Wesley - Wuda Cuda Shuda (2003)

01. Getcho Money Ready [03:47]
02. Geek Goom [04:34]
03. The Ballad Of Beulah Baptist [03:39]
04. Wuda Cuda Shuda [04:11]
05. I Love You Like A Brother [05:30]
06. Can't Leave It Alone [05:10]
07. El Paso [04:03]
08. Andrea [04:42]
09. Get Down Widcho Baad Self [05:42]
10. Ernie's Bag [04:26]
11. Email For Dad [05:39]
12. Smooth Move [06:48]

Personnel:

Fred Wesley (vocals, trombone);
Reggie Ward (vocals, guitar);
Ernie Fields Jr. (flute, bagpipe, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone);
Gary Winters (trumpet, flugelhorn);
Barney McAll (keyboards);
Michael Mondesir (bass);
Bruce Cox (vocals, drums).

NO DOWNLOADS FOUND FOR THE BREAK - SORRY

http://www.thebreak.net.au/index.php

http://uploaded.net/file/kl9kcdw5

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals – The Lion the Beast the Beat (2012)
Seven years after the release of their self-made 2005 debut Nothing But the Water, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals take an exponential leap with the widescreen opus The Lion The Beast The Beat, the band’s fourth full-length album. With this musically combustible and conceptually dazzling work, the Vermont-based band forcefully takes its place alongside the best of its peers while building on the rich legacy of its inspirations.
The Lion The Beast The Beat was produced by Potter and veteran producer Jim Scott (Tom Petty, Wilco, the Tedeschi Trucks Band). Adding to the firepower of the project is Dan Auerbach who produced and co-wrote the track “Loneliest Soul” and also produced and co-wrote the band’s first single “Never Go Back,” and “Runaway,” both of which were co-produced by Scott. David Campbell (Beck, My Morning Jacket, Jackson Browne) arranged and conducted the strings on the album.

The LP was mixed by fellow Vermonter and Grammy award winner Rich Costey (Foo Fighters, TV on the Radio, Bruce Springsteen’s Wrecking Ball). Alongside the band’s original guitarist/songwriter Scott Tournet, drummer/band co-founder Matt Burr, guitarist Benny Yurco (who joined in 2009), Potter commenced recording the album in October, 2011. They later invited multi-instrumentalist Michael Libramento (from Floating Action) to join them on the sessions.

Less a concept album than a panoramic sonic terrain across which various thematic vectors collide and combine, The Lion The Beast The Beat “plays on the duality of human nature, the fact that we all have our demons and we all have the ability to be good” Potter explains. “More than ever, I think outside perception affects how we view ourselves. I started thinking about these archetypes: everyone perceives a lion as a powerful, glorious animal and a beast as a flawed, scary, unpleasant creature, but that’s just on the outside. You only have to read a few children’s fables to see those themes: the ‘Cowardly Lion’ from The Wizard of Oz, the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, I’m fascinated by the idea that we all hold such a broad spectrum of impulses and how we choose to act on them makes us who we are.”

1. The Lion the Beast the Beat (5:26)
2. Never Go Back (3:40)
3. Parachute Heart (4:08)
4. Stars (3:36)
5. Timekeeper (4:39)
6. Loneliest Soul (3:36)
7. Turntable (4:01)
8. Keepsake (3:36)
9. Runaway (3:19)
10. One Heart Missing (4:21)
11. The Divide (5:20)

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|869p1|2799158100|VV.AA.%20%20%20_...

Playing For Change – Songs Around The World (2009)
01. PFC World Ensemble – Stand By Me
02. PFC World Ensemble – One Love
03. PFC World Ensemble – War – No More Trouble
04. PFC World Ensemble – Biko
05. PFC World Ensemble – Don’t Worry
06. Afro Fiesta – Talkin’ Bout A Revolution (Capetown, South Africa)
07. Keb’ Mo’ – Better Man (Los Angeles, CA)
08. PFC World Ensemble – Chanda Mama
09. Omagh Community Youth Choir, The – Love Rescue Me (Omagh, Ireland)
10. Playing For Change Band – A Change Is Gonna Come (New Orleans, LA)

http://novafile.com/odfhc6wgo0cd

Karise Eden – My Journey (2012)
01 – It’s A Man’s World [00:02:41]
02 – Back To Black [00:02:31]
03 – Nothing’s Real But Love [00:02:59]
04 – Landslide [00:03:21]
05 – Hallelujah [00:03:55]
06 – Stay With Me Baby [00:03:23]
07 – I Was Your Girl [00:02:14]
08 – You Won’t Let Me [00:03:37]
09 – Hound Dog [00:02:34]
10 – The Dock Of The Bay [00:03:01]
11 – The Weight [00:03:06]
12 – I’d Rather Go Blind [00:03:24]
13 – Move Over [00:03:50]

NO DOWNLOAD FOUND FOR MUSIC MAKER BLUES REVIEW

http://ul.to/j2x9xf97

Bettye LaVette – Thankful N’ Thoughtful (2012)

Bettye LaVette gets classified as an R&B singer, which she is, of course, but her newest album, the Craig Street-produced Thankful N’ Thoughtful, finds her taking her blues, gospel, and soul- influenced singing style into deep, swampy, and edgy American roots territory, and she makes it all work with a sting and bite to her phrasing that ranks her as one of the best living soul singers.
She gives Neil Young’s “Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere” a little jump of joy, moving the song away from being plaintive and lonely to something closer to anxious homesickness. Tom Waits’ “Yesterday Is Here,” complete with brass and reeds, loses some of its clang and becomes a poignant blues. The most stunning track here is LaVette’s reinvention of the old folk song “Dirty Old Town,” best known inthe version by the Pogues. She fills it with disgust and ominous menace — there’s also a slower version of “Dirty Old Town” that lets a measure of sadness creep back in at the close of the album. Thankful N’ Thoughtful is a solid outing from an outstanding singer who knows how to growl, croon, grumble, praise, and jump for joy with her vocal phrasing — whatever makes the song live and breathe. She is still a marvel.

http://depositfiles.com/files/t8gzis5b3

Ruthie Foster – Let it Burn (2012)

Ever since Ray Charles earned the wrath of the righteous back in the 50′s with his corruption of “church music”, musicians have been stealing that mix of old fashioned gospel, rhythm and blues, and soul. Rarely, though, has it come together as well as on the latest Ruthie Foster project, Let It Burn.The album features The Blind Boys of Alabama, soul legend William Bell, The Funky Meters bassist George Porter Jr. and drummer Russell Batiste, guitarist Dave Easley, saxophonist James Rivers, and organist Ike Stubblefield (Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Eric Clapton). It covers an eclectic group of songs originally performed by Adele, The Black Keys, Los Lobos, Johnny Cash, The Band, Pete Seeger, Crosby, Stills & Nash, John Martyn, Robbie Robertson, and several new Ruthie Foster compositions.This is a strong offering from an artist that’s already at the top of her game.Ruthie’s vocals are great, the backing band is stupendous, and the song selection is great

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Local Production Guitars - Malawi

Started by Jon Clemence Dec 18, 2013. 0 Replies

PUT YOUR REQUESTS HERE

Started by Graham. Last reply by David T Nov 14, 2013. 199 Replies

Here is a free cd

Started by Matthew Borczon Sep 30, 2013. 0 Replies

Landfill Harmonic Orchestra

Started by PhilUSAFRet Jun 23, 2013. 0 Replies

BYRON BLUESFEST 2013

Started by Graham. Last reply by Graham Feb 27, 2013. 97 Replies

take me to your sound files

Started by Ice Bob. Last reply by Matthew Borczon Jan 19, 2012. 0 Replies

The Who - August 10, 1968

Started by Dan Sleep. Last reply by Graham Dec 30, 2011. 1 Reply

That Special Summer 8 track or Cassette!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mike hardwick. Last reply by Silent Jim Oct 2, 2011. 8 Replies

Latest Activity

Southern Ray left a comment for J. D. Woods
" If you are interested in building your own pickups, I wrote a blog about how I make my…"
1 hour ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
1 hour ago
Niall McCracken is now a member of Cigar Box Nation
4 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
5 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
15 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
17 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
17 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
17 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
J. D. Woods posted a discussion

Song lyrics for Steve's new song

Hey Cigar Boxers,Just listened to Seasick Steve's new song, Internet Cowboys. Does anybody know…See More
18 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->