I thought it'd be a great idea to put the latest albums up from the artists playing at Bluesfest - so those of you lucky enough to go can check out what you want to see. And for those of you overseas who, I'm sure, will be extremely jealous. So check back here over the next week or so to check it out, and of course any more new announcements of performers will be added also.AND REMEMBER - POSTS ARE RUNNING FROM TOP TO BOTTOM - SO YOU'LL HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN AND GO THRU THE PAGES TO FIND THE NEWER POSTS

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/

Views: 5887

Replies to This Discussion

http://uploaded.net/file/xd8goa35/www.NewAlbumReleases.net_The%20Ca...

01 – Waiting
02 – Falling
03 – Feeling’s Gone
04 – Only Light
05 – All Hell
06 – Shoulders
07 – The Heart Is A Cannibal
08 – Reasonably Fine
09 – Call Me Home
10 – On My Way
11 – Beyond All

http://ul.to/s1dspq32

Taj Mahal – The Hidden Treasures of Taj Mahal 1969-1973 (2012)

In celebration of his 70th birthday, The Hidden Treasures of Taj Mahal 1969-1973 is the first of a series of volumes issued by Legacy that will eventually encompass his entire Columbia catalog. Hidden Treasures consists of a studio disc and a live one. The studio set contains a dozen tracks that were rejected from the final versions of Mahal’s albums for various reasons, as well as alternate takes. All tracks are unreleased.
The quality of the material can be slightly uneven, but that’s to be expected (being rejects after all). That said, disc one is not without sufficient charm, and even revelatory moments. Its first four tracks feature Mahal and guitarist Jesse Ed Davis in the company of Jim Dickinson‘s Dixie Flyers. “Chainey Do” and the first of the two alternate takes of …”Sweet Mama Janisse” are excellent showcases for Davis in the company of a stellar garage band. Other standouts on disc one include “You Ain’t No Street Walker Mama, Honey But I Do Love the Way You Strut Your Stuff,” with its studio intro where Mahal instructs the band on how to make it cook. And it does. The band includes a five-piece horn section that stars tuba masters Bob Stewart and Howard Johnson. Mahal’s banjo playing works beautifully in the extended jam on “Shady Groove.” “Butter” closes the disc and features Mahal fronting the band on harmonica, playing a sweet, instrumental version of “People Get Ready.” Disc two, recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970, is worth the purchase price alone. Mahal plays his National Steel guitar and harmonica, and is backed by a band with the late, great Davis on lead guitar. This set reveals Mahal as a musical shaman early on. He was even then able to skip across centuries, traditions, forms, and singing, telling tales and jokes without hesitation or faltering. He fully inhabits each musical persona he takes on as his own, yet they are all part of a single but multi-limbed lineage in his musicology. The disc is by turns rousing, rocking, and intimate. Whether it’s in the a cappella take on the traditional “Runnin’ by the Riverside,” a cover of the Band’s “Bacon Fat,” the funky, gritty, original blues of “Big Fat” and “Sweet Mama Janisse,” or the definitive version of “Tomorrow May Not Be Your Day,” this is all-killer, no-filler. Fans of Mahal’s — especially of his Columbia period — will greet The Hidden Treasures of Taj Mahal 1969-1973 with cheers.

Disc 1
1.“Chainey Do”
2.“Sweet Mama Janisse” (Feb, 1970, Criteria Recording Studios)
3.“Yan Nah Mama Loo”
4.“Tomorrow May Not Be Your Day”
5.“I Pity The Poor Immigrant”
6.“Jacob’s Ladder”
7.“Ain t Gwine Whistle Dixie (Any Mo’)”
8.“Sweet Mama Janisse” (Jan, 1971 Bearsville Recording Studios, Woodstock, NY)
9.“You Ain t No Streetwalker, Honey But I Do Love The Way You Strut Your Stuff”
10.“Good Morning Little School Girl”
11.“Shady Grove”
12.“Butter”
Disc 2
1.“Runnin By The Riverside”
2.“John, Ain’t It Hard”
3.“Band Introduction”
4.“Sweet Mama Janisse”
5.“Big Fat”
6.“Diving Duck Blues”
7.“Checkin’ Up On My Baby”
8.“Oh Susanna”
9.“Bacon Fat”
10.“Tomorrow May Not Be Your Day”

http://ul.to/3xo2wgyk

Robert Cray Band – Nothin’ But Love (2012)

The differences in Robert Cray albums are subtle but noticeable to fans of the veteran soul- bluesman. He retains the same backing trio on this 2012 release as on 2009′s studio disc, with the only major difference in personnel being the addition of noted roots producer Kevin Shirley. Lyrically detailed story ballads about the trials and tribulations of love, with an emphasis on broken relationships, remain his strong suit as song titles such as “Sadder Days,” “Fix This,” “I’ll Always Remember You,” “Won’t Be Coming Home,” and even the album’s title imply. Yet there are enough change-ups and excellent songs here to keep the pace varied. Horns that Cray hasn’t utilized in a while make a welcome appearance on a few key tunes such as the big-band swing of …”I’ll Always Remember You” (which seems like a tribute to Ray Charles) and the terrifically melodic, midtempo “Blues Get Off My Shoulder.” A little Chuck Berry rocking in the snappy and humorous “Side Dish” shows that this band can crank up the energy when the occasion calls for it. Even if their brand of rock & roll is a little on the clean-cut side, the track has a rawness and good-time feeling that is typically not associated with Cray. But the album’s emotional and philosophical centerpiece is the nearly nine-minute “I’m Done Cryin’.” This searing, contemporary portrait is of a male protagonist who has lost his home and his job to outsourcing but retains his dignity “because I’m still a man.” Shirley adds understated but beautifully arranged strings to emphasize the sheer desperation of the situation then strips them away, leaving just Cray’s soulful voice. Add one of the guitarist’s patented terse, quivering solos that feels like a crying vocal, and you get a tour de force track that is one of the highlights of Cray’s bulging catalog. And with 15 previous albums, that’s saying plenty. The description of how a wrecked marriage is revealed in the empty residence a couple left behind in “Great Big Old House” is prime Cray, too, and a worthy successor to any of his other popular busted matrimony songs. Even if the guitarist has worked this terrain plenty of times before, he is still refining and even improving the template. That makes this another quality entry in a catalog of albums over a three-decade-and-counting-year career that has remarkably few weak spots.

http://turbobit.net/1rzqny57ujc9.html

Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information 1974

01. Inspiration Information (4:13)
02. Island Letter (4:41)
03. Sparkle City (5:58)
04. Aht Uh Mi Head (4:16)
05. Happy House (1:16)
06. Rainy Day (2:42)
07. Xl30 (2:09)
08. Pling (4:28)
09. Not Available (2:31)
10. Strawberry Letter 23 (3:59)
11. Sweet Thang (4:03)
12. Ice Cold Daydream (2:30)
13. Freedom Flight (12:58)

http://uploaded.net/file/forpj6v1

Ben Howard – The Burgh Island [EP] (2012)
01. Esmerelda
02. Oats In The Water
03. To Be Alone
04. Burgh Island

http://rapidshare.com/files/1566818938/K_%20D%26L__SIH__%20(UK_2011).rar

KITTY, DAISY & LEWIS
''SMOKING IN HEAVEN''
1. Tomorrow
2. Will I Ever
3. Baby Don't You Know
4. Don't Make A Fool Out Of Me
5. I'm Going Back
6. Paan Man Boogie
7. Messing With My Life
8. What Quid?
9. You'll Soon Be Here
10. I'm So Sorry
11. You'll Be Sorry
12. I'm Coming Home
13. Smoking In Heaven

OR LISTEN TO IT BEFORE DOWNLOADING FIRST HERE:

KITTY, DAISY & LEWIS - TROUBLES WITH THE LINK - HIGHLIGHT THE WHOLE RAPIDSHARE LINK, COPY AND PASTE INTO A NEW WINDOW (INSTEAD OF JUST CLICKING ON IT)- SHOULD WORK.

http://letitbit.net/download/13366.18c76617262e3176717db9be314c/The...

The Blind Boys have frequently been invited to appear on other great artists' albums, resulting in a number of performances that have been collected into Duets. Their first-ever duets collection includes songs with Ben Harper, Bonnie Raitt, Randy Travis, Lou Reed, Solomon Burke, Susan Tedeschi and Asleep at the Wheel. In addition, it features three new recordings with Lou Reed, blues legend John Hammond, and Jamaican legend Toots Hibbert of Toots & The Maytals.
The diverse group of artists collaborating on Duets reflects the expansive appeal of the group as well as the sweeping reverence for their talent. This new album follows their Grammy and Dove Award-winning CD Down in New Orleans.

1.Take My Hand (w/ Ben Harper)
1.Magnificent Sanctuary Band w/Susan Tedeschi)
2.Perfect Peace w/ Toots Hibbert)
3.Up Above My Head – I Hear Music In The Air (w/ Randy Travis)
4.Secular Praise (w/ Timothy B. Schmit)
5.I Had Trouble (w/ Charlie Musselwhite)
6.When The Spell Is Broken (w/ Bonnie Raitt)
7.Nothing But The Blood (w/ Jars Of Clay)
8.Welcome Table (w/ Dan Zanes)
9.None Of Us Are Free (w/ Solomon Burke)
10.Jesus (w/ Lou Reed)
11.How I Got Over (w/ Marva Wright)
12.The Devil Ain’t Lazy (w/ Asleep At The Wheel)
13.One Kind Favor (w/ John Hammond)

http://ul.to/0q1ox0jm

Mavis Staples – We’ll Never Turn Back (2007)
As musical activists in the 1960s civil rights movement, the Staple Singers were powerful voices for equality and change. And more than 40 years after Pops’s daughter Mavis spent a night in a West Memphis, Arkansas, jail at the behest of a racist cop, she still remembers the terror of the experience, as well as the counsel of Dr. Martin Luther King. That episode is at the centerpiece of “My Own Eyes,” one of the most moving offerings on this collection of songs of racial struggle in the ’50s and ’60s, produced by guitarist Ry Cooder and featuring backing from the original Freedom Singers and Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Throughout, the album proves both emotionally chilling and spiritually uplifting. On J.B. Lenoir’s “Down in Mississippi” and Marshall Jones’s “In the Mississippi River,” for example, Cooder makes fine use of pounding percussion and snaky electric guitar to capture the danger and fear inherent in the Deep South at the time, while the title song and “Jesus Is on the Main Line” draw on gospel and the traditional framework of church hymns to promise positive solutions. Staples, who adlibs on several cuts, connecting the injustice of yesterday to the continuing marginalization of blacks in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, remains a remarkable performer, employing a throaty sensuality that rises from a deep well of tremulous emotion. If her album is musically uneven at times, her artistry and strength continue to shine as undimmed beacons.

http://turbobit.net/jeg3l5y2epnb.html

Allen Toussaint - The Bright Mississippi (2009)

01-Egyptian Fantasy
02-Dear Old Southland
03-St.James Infirmary
04-Singin' The Blues
05-Winin' Boy Blues
06-West End Blues
07-Blue Drag
08-Just a Closer Walk With Thee
09-Bright Mississippi
10-Day Dream
11-Long, Long Journey
12-Solitude

Personnel:

ALLEN TOUSSAINT (Piano and Vocals on 11),
DON BYRON (Clarinet),
NICHOLAS PAYTON(Trumpet),
MARC RIBOT (Acoustic Guitar),
DAVID PILTCH (Upright Bass),
JAY BELLEROSE (Drums and Percussion),
BRAD MEHLDAU (Piano on 5),
JOSHUA REDMAN (Tenor Saxophone on 10)

http://ul.to/v8tud1ee

VA – Rolling with the Punches: The Allen Toussaint Songbook (2012)
Allen Toussaint is unquestionably one of the great American songwriters of the 20th century, so it is no surprise Ace Records dedicated a volume of their ongoing Songbook series to the New Orleans R&B titan. They’re not the first label to showcase Toussaint’s writing. Ten years prior, EMI released Finger Poppin’ and Stompin’ Feet: 20 Classic Allen Toussaint Productions for Minit Records 1960-62, a terrific primer that focused on Toussaint’s hit- making prime as a producer, pianist, and writer for Irma Thomas, Jessie Hill, Benny Spellman, Aaron Neville, Ernie K-Doe, and the Showmen. As good as this was, it only scratched the surface (after all, his greatest singer, Lee Dorsey, was nowhere to be found). Rolling with the Punches does a better job in illustrating the full range of Toussaint’s gifts and influence, touching upon classic ’60s New Orleans sides (Dorsey’s “Holy Cow”; Benny Spellman’s “Fortune Teller”), how his music got funkier as the ’70s began (Ernie K-Doe’s “Here Come the Girls”; Dorsey’s “Occapella,” which Toussaint produced; Don Covay’s “Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky [From Now On]; the Pointer Sisters’ “Yes We Can”), and, especially, how many rockers and blue-eyed soul singers relied upon his songs. Robert Palmer got seriously funky with “Sneakin’ Sally Through the Alley” (assisted by Little Feat leader/guitarist Lowell George, who was a huge Toussaint fan and is heard here covering “What Do You Want the Girl to Do”), Frankie Miller tore into “Shoo Rah,” Bonnie Raitt laid down a seductive groove on “What Is Success,” and Boz Scaggs ushered “Hercules” toward the slick Southern California coast. By no means does this contain all of Toussaint’s great songs — some of the versions are by no means close to definitive, either, with the Judds’ perfectly fine version of “Working in the Coal Mine” being the main example — but this illustrates his depth and range and, best of all, it’s wildly entertaining.

http://depositfiles.com/files/a7zwxpblq

Jon Anderson - The Newton Theatre 2012
01 Intro
02 Open excerpt -
03 Yours Is No Disgrace
04 Open excerpt -
05 Sweet Dreams
06 America
07 Long Distance Runaround
08 Time and a Word
09 One Love
10 Under Heaven's Door
11 Flight Of The Moorglade
12 Ill Find My Way Home
13 Open excerpt -
14 Starship Trooper
15 Unbroken Spirit of Mine
16 Owner of a Lonely Heart
17 Set Sail excerpt -
18 Close To The Edge excerpt -
19 Set Sail excerpt -
20 Heart of the Sunrise excerpt
21 Marry Me Again
22 The Light of Love
23 Only For You
24 And You and I
25 Leaves Of Green
26 Nous Sommes Du Soleil
27 Tony and Me
28 To The Runner
29 Count Your Blessings
30 I've Seen All Good People
31 Roundabout
32 Open excerpt -
33 State of Independence
34 Wonderous Stories
35 Soon

http://depositfiles.com/files/x1sgv8f4s

Joan Armatrading – Starlight (2012)

Born in 1950 on the island of St. Kitts, British singer/songwriter Joan Armatrading was her country’s — as well as Britain’s — first woman to make commercial inroads into her chosen genre, spicing her take on folk with elements of rock, blues, and jazz, and has had a remarkably long, consistent career.
If you know Armatrading best from seventies hits such as Love and Affection and Down to Zero, you may be surprised at the pure jazz spirit inspiring her playing on Starlight. Akin in spirit to Joni Mitchell’s 1979 homage to jazz, Mingus, on this album Armatrading explores the complexities of life and love through rhythmically advanced songs such as I Want That Love and Tell Me, which features some deft Alan Murphy-style soloing.
Ambitious and musically sophisticated, this is a satisfying return from one of our finest home-grown singer-songwriters.

1. Single Life (3:48)
2. Close to Me (3:55)
3. Tell Me (4:52)
4. Back On Track (3:39)
5. I Want That Love (4:28)
6. The Way I Think of You (2:55)
7. Always On My Mind (3:49)
8. Starlight (3:45)
9. Busy with You (4:42)
10. Summer Kisses (3:57)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Local Production Guitars - Malawi

Started by Jon Clemence Dec 18, 2013. 0 Replies

PUT YOUR REQUESTS HERE

Started by Graham. Last reply by David T Nov 14, 2013. 199 Replies

Here is a free cd

Started by Matthew Borczon Sep 30, 2013. 0 Replies

Landfill Harmonic Orchestra

Started by PhilUSAFRet Jun 23, 2013. 0 Replies

BYRON BLUESFEST 2013

Started by Graham. Last reply by Graham Feb 27, 2013. 97 Replies

take me to your sound files

Started by Ice Bob. Last reply by Matthew Borczon Jan 19, 2012. 0 Replies

The Who - August 10, 1968

Started by Dan Sleep. Last reply by Graham Dec 30, 2011. 1 Reply

That Special Summer 8 track or Cassette!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mike hardwick. Last reply by Silent Jim Oct 2, 2011. 8 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->