Hello all, I just finished my first build, and am quite happy with it.

I used a floating bridge, and definitely have a significant buzz from all three strings.  If i press down on the bridge, or just behind it, the sound is very clean and pleasing.  I slotted the bridge slightly, rather than leave the indentation from the tension, but to no avail.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi again, that's good that you remedied the problem. I was going to suggest that a lack of downward force on the bridge may have contributed to the buzzing, by not having enough break angle of the strings over the bridge. 

Taff 

• 9987650063?profile=RESIZE_710x9987650080?profile=RESIZE_710x9987650457?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Yes, preferably side view, so we can see the string pass over the nut to the bridge?

9986969075?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I sanded down the bridge to sit at a slight angle leaning towards the tailpeice, which seems to have alleviated the buzzing, but snapped the middle string in all the loosening and re-tuning. We'll see what happens when the new string arrives.

• Hi Sam, can you post some pics of the guitar, buzzing can come from any number of areas. If the buzzing stops when you touch the top or bridge I suspect the problem may be top or bridge or even somewhere else.

Cheers Taff

This reply was deleted.