Hey all, 

My dad's really into classic cars/hot-rods and likes to hang cool stuff in his garage... see where I'm going here?  I'd like to make him a cool hot-rod themed three-stringer as usable wall art.  I've got some cool ideas, like putting an exhaust pipe and fins on the body, but does anyone have any cool ideas or builds I could get some inspiration from?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 306413225?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Here's the finished product.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I'd love to see everyone else take a crack at the same concept, maybe in a friendly competition?  And, yes the switch is functional.  There's a brakelight!

• This might make a cool body for a Hot Rod themed guitar...

306400875?profile=original

Of course if he isn't a Mopar fan I am sure you could find one similar for a Chevy or Ford...

• Cool Dave. About the Chrome tape. I'm having problems with it curling up at the ends. Applied it directly to the paint. Perhaps it sticks better to a smoother surface. Like lacquer or urethane.

Anonymous, That Highway 61 Roadhouse guitar looks better in person. Playing it now.

• Chrome tape. It's cheap and easy to apply. Paint it to match one of his favorite cars.

• I actually bought some for the project.  But as much as I got, I'll have it for a while.  As far as painting it goes, I just bought a box that was already hot rod red. He still hasn't painted his pet project (a '60 Biscayne) and goes back and forth over color all the time.

• This isn't the one for my Dad (that one's in a couple pieces, currently) but here's my latest build, which has some hot rod influences.306398690?profile=original

• swamp witch guitar ferrari 5

yup   ,  thats  leather  

• 306360360?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Wow - I like those above gits !!! Here's my contribution - I wish I had a '51 plate.

• that's totally rad!

• cool  man  ;-)  . in the 50's   'wheeties"  had mini  lic plates you  could  collect  and put on  your   bike  . they  were  metal  too  and    you  can  get  em on  ebay     pretty  cheap  now  .  usa  and  canada  ones  too . 

back roads swamp witch guitar line 3

st louis fest song writers contest guit 4

This reply was deleted.