BUILD OFF!!! 2014 Cigar Box Ukulele Contest submission thread

Cigar Box Ukulele Contest!
Cigar Box Nation is looking for the most artistic, wildest, most radical or most visionary cigar box ukulele.  Do you think your creations are the best? Show them to us.  The rules are simple:
1.  The instrument must be made from a real cigar box.
2.  It must fit within the classification of a ukulele (Uke soprano, concert,  tenor or baritone scale + 4 nylon strings).
3.  Instruments made from cigar box ukulele kits or from dismantled old ukes are acceptable as well as instruments fully made in your own workshop.
4.  Instrument must be built by you.
Two prizes will be awarded from C. B. Gitty Crafter Supply.
Grand prize: $50 C. B. Gitty prize pack + $50 C. B. Gitty gift certificate
Runner up:  $25 C. B. Gitty prize pack + $25 C. B. Gitty gift certificate 
How to submit your entry:
  1. Build the greatest cigar box ukulele you can
  2. Take THREE pictures of your entry.  Three pictures only (no photoshops of several angles in one pic).
  3. Post your pictures in this submission thread along with any fun details about your instrument.

Contest runs from May 9, 2014 - June 30, 2014.  Enter as many instruments as you wish.

In any case of changes to these rules will be posted on the home page of Cigar Box Nation and also in this group.

Views: 14318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Optical Pickup Cigar Box Ukulele

This cigar box ukulele has an optical pickup.  Each string has a an infrared emitter and receiver.  When the the string vibrates, the connection is broken and the signal is sent to the output jack.  The scale length is 17 inches (tenor size).

Demo Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-3WIeTIhXs   

Quad Neck Cigar Box Ukulele

Ukulele players are always debating about what size of ukulele to get.  With my ukulele, you have them all (Baritone, tenor, concert and soprano). A single locking strap peg on the back allows the ukulele to spin.

Demo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvoYGnkGcf8

Hi Daniel,

I've admired both of your submissions when they first came out. You do great, innovative work.

Thanks a lot. 

Awesome!

This is my Booze-Ulele. It is a soprano uke that you can open up from the back. Inside it has a caddy that holds 2 cigars, a Zippo lighter, a cigar cutter, a flask and 2 shot glasses. Music smoke and booze everything you need for a party. See my video On my page " Rob Uker" or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RIGuitars

Brilliant...an idea I was thinking about..back to the drawing board

Thanks Mark.

I have some other ideas along this line. The possibilities are endless.

Here is a short video demonstration of this uke

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/video/booze-ulele-project

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

T-Gripped liked Ghostbuttons's photo
4 minutes ago
T-Gripped commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

"Cool shot with those wildflowers in the background and your wonderful instrument leaning against…"
7 minutes ago
T-Gripped liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
8 minutes ago
T-Gripped commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Yowzers! Awesome!!"
9 minutes ago
BrianQ. liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
15 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
"A 3 string slider is fretless, but the higher action will take more pressure to fret notes without…"
17 minutes ago
J. D. Woods posted a discussion

Are metal frets necessary?

Hey there fellow CBN plunkers, strummers and sliders,I'm getting ready to construct a 3-string…See More
32 minutes ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Thx Doug, truly fun to create and use. Plugged into a stomp box, then amp, truly amazing little…"
2 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

Less Paul by GK

"Thanks Doug, a joy to build. I'll play it tomorrow night in a show. -Glenn"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Truly amazing Randy! A stunning build. Craftsmanship at its finest…"
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"I’m with Kale; the shaker sound nicely offsets the guitar groove… Cool Andries!"
4 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Love that outside the box thinking! Less Paul, more Glenn! You are having way too much fun…"
4 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->