Build #2 is nearing completion. Which is to say it’s built and playable in acoustic mode, awaiting electrification.  I’m legally blind, with some residual vision, which pretty much rules out anything resembling a quality paint job if I’m doing it. So I thought about how a cbg might have been painted if some poor guy were making one from whatever was at hand. I imagined house paint might be used, and it might show wear pretty quickly.  With a little assistance from a clerk in a craft store, I ended up with chalk paint designed for distressing furniture. Brush on a base coat, sand a bit, top coat, sand a bunch more, then wax. It was something I thought I could pull off, and with any luck it’d look like somebody had played hell out of it a while. 

589DEA27-9AB7-4CC5-85C7-420A4054098B.jpeg

6850E181-29F5-423B-B22A-57E301DD5583.jpeg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• real nice, the color reminds me of the early days of acoustic guitar when some had ivory fretboards.  

• It kinda looks better when there’s a little distress to it, nicely done, I’m glad you’re not letting a disability get in your way of expression. 2 thumbs up!

• I think it looks great Bruce, nice work!

This reply was deleted.