Hi all, here is a series of photos showing  one way to make a bridge, I thought it may help newcomers, after my mate asked me to make one for is CBG.

The whole process took 15 minutes max from start to finish, don't worry if it takes you longer with hand tools there's no rush. With this method you can make many at the same time.

Enjoy Taff

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, here's another bridge I made for one of my acoustic guitars, Its rosewood and will have a bone saddle.

306706531?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024 306707598?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Cheers Taff

• 306695803?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024Another way is the 4 piece bridge

• Nice.

• Hi Brent, it's bone. I have dozens of offcuts from other jobs so I use these bits for CBG's. The contact of the saddle to the strip is very critical, it must be perfect for each string for even response/volume.

Its the pressure on the piezo part of the strip by the string that creates good or not so good sound. That's why a decent break angle over the saddle is important.

Idealy the bottom of the slot and saddle should be perfectly flat and level.

Taff

• Great post Taff. Maybe I'm just over thinking it and making it difficult.  I'll give it a go.

"The contact of the saddle to the strip is very critical, it must be perfect for each string for even response/volume.Its the pressure on the piezo part of the strip by the string that creates good or not so good sound." 

So the bone needs to be good and tightly seated on the rod.  i.e. No wiggle room.  Correct? 

A decent break angle means the more pressure bearing down on the rod the better.  Correct?

"Idealy the bottom of the slot and saddle should be perfectly flat and level."

...and parallel to each other.  Correct?

• Hi ghm, yep all correct. The saddle should have no wriggle room, but not tight or binding in its slot. Just a push fit that won't full out it turned upside down.

Taff

• Great job Taffy.

• Thanks for posting, Taff!  I have a rod pup that I haven't gotten around to yet and I will try your system when I do.

• Thanks, Taffy. Came at a time that I need to make a tall bridge, and this is different than what I normally do. I'll give it a go.

• Is that bone or corian for bridge? Does it need to sit on top and touch rod?

This reply was deleted.