hi ok so i have some questions that will most probably take some one who knows what they are talking about to give me some advice and help on what i need to know !
hopefully i am in the right place etc an if im not i apologise and hope a mod can remove it please 
anyways on with the questions which are mainly on sourcing stuff that i am either calling them the wrong things or searchin in the wrong places or they dont exsist 

the first is grilled brass spigots by these i mean the brass circular edge protectors on the acoustic holes - where in gods name are these found ? any help please 

also is there any where to find 4 string tail pieces (metal) or are bass tail piece an top bridges cool ? 

and finaly what strings are best steel ? banjo strings etc for four stringers ? 

more to follow im sure lololol 

thanks again all 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• if some one could help me with the tail piece and string advice too id be well chuffed and able to finaly order some goodies !
  • ah yea thats a great option too - maybe as speaker covers for a cba aswell ! thanks a star to you aswell great feed back from all - thank you

Mungo Park said:
    I do not know where you live but I got some sink drain screens at the dollar store, 2 for a buck, course they are silver.
    Cheers Ron.
  • yes sir i certainly did thanks my man you too deserve a star! nigel

David Lloyd said:
    Hi Nigel.

Where did you find the curtain rings? In the past I have bought from here (the silver and gunmetal ones are great).
    http://www.curtaingenius.co.uk/shop/products_detail.asp?prod=1830

Regards,
    David

NIGEL NIGHTBREED said:
    oh damng dude your a star stewmacs is the daddy of a shop but ive just found something that will work too
    40 mm eyelets for curtains £1 sterling each perfect

im about to go research the banjo tail pieces now
    thnks for the heads up sir your a star
  • I do not know where you live but I got some sink drain screens at the dollar store, 2 for a buck, course they are silver.
    Cheers Ron.
  • Hi Nigel.

Where did you find the curtain rings? In the past I have bought from here (the silver and gunmetal ones are great).
    http://www.curtaingenius.co.uk/shop/products_detail.asp?prod=1830

Regards,
    David

NIGEL NIGHTBREED said:
    oh damng dude your a star stewmacs is the daddy of a shop but ive just found something that will work too

• oh damng dude your a star stewmacs is the daddy of a shop but ive just found something that will work too

• If you want the easy answers...go to stewmac.com and look at the resonator guitar section for the screened sound hole covers. You could also search ebay for them connected with resonator kits. If you don't need the screen, you can look for grommets at a hardware store. For the tailpieces, stewmac has tenor banjo tailpieces that can work as well as mandolin tailpieces (I've used one on a 4-string tenor). Or...you could just use a block at the end of your box with string holes drilled in it.
This reply was deleted.