Replies

• Hi, wow that's a great looking uke. Very neat.
    Taff

• Way too kool Greg!!!

• This is how I finished mine. The Uke neck kit from MGB worked great!! I didnt want to put holes on the face so the sound holes are on the top and end.10239786077?profile=RESIZE_710x10239788456?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Here’s, good news, they actually showed a cbg built with the same box on the latest cigar box nation show #210, check it out?

https://youtu.be/9OElYIykh2s

• Brian, thanks for the good words. This site is almost useless. Like you say, it is glitchy.
    Another thing about Doug Fir is, like concrete , it hardens with age. Try putting a nail in a 100 year old Doug Fir plank. Good luck.

Cheers,
    Gary

• Yea those are looking great Gary! Douglas fir is a tough one, tougher than the commercial white Fir from the big box stores. Sometimes with the Firs, if I don’t check both sides of the planks, I end up with a super knotty one :)

• Greg and Taffy,
    I think the size of that box is ok. I am going to hold my bDSCN0908.JPGreath and attempt to post a photo

10220668066?profile=RESIZE_710x
    • BTW Tiff, a huge thank you for realizing that I was using Visual.

I built 4 of these. The necks were made of Douglas Fir, laMINated in 1/4" thick
      strips. The fir is plenty strong for a concert uke neck. The wood was excess
      lumber from the building of the ship. Very special.

• Edit doesn't seem to work either. Anyway, a big thanks to taffy for figuring out that I was using Visual.
        I built 4 of these ukes in the galley of my sailboat. The necks were made of laminated Douglas Fir, plenty strong for a concert uke. The wood was excess lumer from the building of the ship. Very special. I may build another series of 3 or 4.

• Hi Gary, I see you having problems, you're not alone.

Don't use the VISUAL tab, use HTML only

Taff

This reply was deleted.