bought some wood!

while on hols in crete I bought 2 olive wood chopping boards.

beautifully grained wood.

one is almost shaped like a guitar.

the thickness is only 3/4".

what would best for a pick up(solid and will be electric),bare in mind the depth.

thought about a humbucker pick as I would like to make this one special for me and my son.

3 stringed and fretted.

similar to this....

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does anyone else see The Old Man in The Wood?
    • Didn't till I started looking... nice

• What Mark said... a lot of guitars are made from 2 layers of wood.  This allows you to carve channels for wiring, etc before gluing.  

That will look great!

• You could laminate it to some other hardwood to get the depth you need. They do it all the time with electric guitars.   Resaw it and make 2 tops

• I just have to add..... that is possibly the most beautiful piece of wood I've seen!  The lighter middle section/stripe really sets it off!

• now that the flatpup sorted.

how best to attach the neck to the 3/4" wood..

has any one made a cbg out of hardwood that is 3/4" thick and if so how did you attached the neck onto it??

• I use the 4 claw t-nuts when making bolt on necks. Used in furniture making but come in a variety of sizes, 1/4" x 20 is what I use. These can be used on just the neck with a plate washer on the body like a standard bolt on neck or matching t-nuts can be used can be used on both.

306366266?profile=original

• thanks jabes

• I was thinking about doing a solid body myself, I thought about buying a chopping board but I want one solid piece, most of them seem a collection of blocks glued together - going to my wood supplier soon will see what he's got, but a Flatpup is about the only thing you could use there John :-)

• thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

ebay has some solid olive wood..just about the same price that I paid for them.

hell it was holiday money ,I would have only spent it on some thing else or brought it home.lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=olive+wood&_udlo=15&...

who sell these flat pup as gitty doesn't seem to have them or EBay.

This reply was deleted.