anybody is welcome to try this challenge and we encourage you to participate, if not for any other reason except to see what you are capable of. there is no set style of guitar in this challenge, it could have as many strings as you want it to.as long as it has a string that vibrates and you can play a tune on it, it qualifies for this build. every body have a fun time. you should have plenty time to get your build completed. we are looking for most unusual if you can build it. but 1st place and 2nd place will be decided by the members.if we can do it we should put pictures or videos of each individual participants build on a page in itself for the challengers to enjoy. thanks everybody.

Views: 1192

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Lovin the creativity here! Now everything is looking like guitar parts to me.lol Rock on!
christian, the bonehead say he be ok with you using the koppertone guitar you built, for the non-wood guitar build challenge. so if you like you are in the challenge and no you dont get disqualified for beating yourself with a board everytime you made a mistake cause you prolly healed by now, and one more thing bonehead said that the koppertone was not what inspired him to start a non-wood guitar build challenge. have you seen the things he builds? it could be any thing that inspired him,we prolly will never figger that one out. peace brother and if you get first or second place can i get an autographed picture of you playing the koppertone for all the world to see.
I'm close getting close to done with my non wood guitar.I call it HIGH Voltage. the headstock design i chose has been a bit challenging and eating up too much time . I guess I'll have to finish everything else first and come back to it ,to make the 31st deadline. Still rockin!
Unusual ? Still pushing for the 31'st deadline. Got pictures of my progress on my page. Anxious to finish up. In the painting process now.
Attachments:
hey, Brian. be sure to throw the yellow slide 6 string into the challenge. doubt i'll win, but i like all the cool different setups i'm seeing.

Here is one picture of my gastank ,no wood,pvc /copper neck,weedwhackerstringed,coffiemaker heating element bridge,copper nut, Bottom of the barrel oil co Bass. I would like to submit for the builders challenge.Did I mention how great all you guys are lately? I was just thinkin how special all my freinds at cigarbox nation were to me. I think the world of just about everybody Ive met on here. Of course this sounds as though I may be kissin ass for votes.Well maybe I was. But seriously. I truly have never been involved in any group at all that had so many quality people in it.I havent met anybody that I didnt like in one way or another on this forum. When I come here I think ,In the same world I view so much selfishness and hatred almost every time i turn on the tv or drive my truck. I run into a group of cbg builders that remind me things are never as badd as they seem. This world is in alot better shape than it appears after all. Thanks for that.
Bonehead buil challenge the JASUS XBOX GUITAR

here is my entry the xbox guitar.its made from a limtd edition green xbox console..curtain poles for neck,perspex fret board thats inter changable( i only had time to make a clear one and a green one but a black one and an aluminium one with frets will follow soon)didnt get time to fit the magnetic pic up so its just fitted with a piezo at the moment with a volume,witch works well...its also fitted with about 30 LED lights ..i have realy enjoyed building in this challenge great idea BH ,,i have learnt alot during building this mostly that i defenatley prefere workin with wood...hope yall like it

Very cool Jasus. I hope my son doesn't see this or he'll be hacking up his xbox....lol. Nice work.
jasus said:

I am done! pics will come 3/30/09............it is finished. : )

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

not a cbg, but a bit unusual, i think,,

Started by GARAGE HERMIT. Last reply by GARAGE HERMIT May 26, 2012. 1 Reply

bonehead guitar build challenge

Started by bairfoot cajun. Last reply by Rinnie Stokley Mar 31, 2009. 54 Replies

Latest Activity

Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
" Hello JD, welcome. I'm a fifty year failed six-string player that got into building and…"
41 seconds ago
Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
55 seconds ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

"Burn baby burn! Top looks hot Crazed; sporty headstock too. Excellent build."
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

Four projects

"You are a busy guy Warren! Outstanding builds and each one unique; well done."
3 hours ago
AGP # commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

""Sweeeeeeeeet", love the burning on the Body, have a Build on the Bench at the moment,…"
4 hours ago
AGP # liked Crazed Fandango's photo
4 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
5 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Often quite true Uncle John :) -Glenn"
7 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted videos
8 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Ha, Ha.  Less is more."
9 hours ago
Uncle John commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"Sounding good, A.D. Great looking git."
9 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->