I'm building a ukulele for a friend.  I found this great little souvenir teaspoon.  I want to cut off and discard the bowl of the spoon, flatten what's left, and stick it to the middle of the headstock between the tuner posts.  It's pretty small so I can't screw it down and it's also not totally flat on the abck, so Krazy Glue wouldn't be a good option.  I'd usually think epoxy but that might run a bit and look bad.

What would you use to neatly and permanently stick the spoon to the headstock?

Thanks,

Scott

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In the end, I did a lot of masking with just enough epoxy and it worked out fine. 306716989?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Killer!

• Forgot about this, it dries to a dark grey. Sticks to anything. Ace hardware carries it.
    306715611?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Epoxy Putty from the plumbing section.  It's like Play-Doh, you tear off what you need, kneed and work it to mix the 2 parts, hardens like a resin casting.

• I thought about something like that, JB Weld, etc. How’s the adhesion?
  • You could make a little block that fits between the tuners, drill a hole on the end facing the top end of the guitar, cut off the spoon and bond the stem in the hole.

• Depending on headstock length and desired placement  .   you may be able to just  drill a hole  into the end of the fretboard (or groove in bottom of fretboard )  and jam the cut end of the spoon  in the  super glued hole .

• That's a good thought. As I mentioned, the bowl is worthless, but just wedging the end in once I cut the bowl off could be a good way to secure one end.  Gotta see how it lays out once the headstock is shaped.

• Loctite Go2 / clear Gorilla glue 

Korrigan that box is sick!!!!

• Thanks Brian.  : )

This reply was deleted.