I ran across this photo of Marc Maron interviewing President Obama for his podcast and noticed that there was a CBG on his desk leaned up against the wall.  I then did a google search for Marc Maron and cigar box guitar and found this podcast of him interviewing Billy Gibbons.  If you go to the 1:21:17 mark Billy plays a cover of Ry Cooder's Billy the Kid on a resonator CBG.  Good stuff.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That was truly worth listening to. Thank you for puttin' that info out for us. I am amazed that the real professional players, who are actually taking to playing CBG's  these days.

• Had to make a decision of either going to ZZTOP or SEASICK steve as the were on a week apart in Ireland as Seasick rarely plays here we picked that! day before we go to concert found out I couldnt get off work as I had to cover a guys shift! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!! should have went to ZZTOP!

• Beautiful. Gibbons makes it feel so effortless, like the notes ate spilling out of the guitar.

I don't know why I don't listen to Maron's podcast. I've watched his show via netflix and it's hilarious. Maybe that's what I could listen to while carving necks.

• Easier to watch when you post the link: http://youtu.be/7nc91Xxlado
    • The link is the words "Billy Gibbons".

• This is SSSSOOOOOO awesome!...thanks for posting!

This reply was deleted.