bass build

here I go again this build was made with things layin around the shop this is the 5th 4 string cbg bass I have built all play and sound great I got $29 in strings and that is all the rest was used lol.

once again I say this might not be the best way to do this but this works if you have a better please feel free to tell me I just want to make the best guitar that I can thank you all

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "I just what to build a better guitar that you all." It's ON baby! It's On! LOL

Nice looking build Allen!

• I'm sorry that was to say thank you all but it's on now lol

• Looks good from here. :D

• Now that looks cool! And the blank box can be customized to whatever you'd like. Gonna have to check into some of those boxes. Thanks for the idea!

• Wow!
    Looks great!
  • 306259844?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024its hard to find a cb long anough to make a long scale bass out of so I found this box at hobby lobby with water color in it

• 306260475?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024ok the pickups are off 70s SG japan copy and the Bridge to the neck is an old pevey I found in the shop floor under some stuff lol in pic 1 I find out how deep I can put the neck pic 2 the cut has been made

• 306262288?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024in this pic I have layed out where to cut for pickups and use the long ruler again to center Bridge and I add less than 3/8" from the 12 fret to the Bridge

• 306262121?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024with all holes cut pickups in and Bridge on in the next pic we will look inside the box

• 306262753?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024ok I use 1/2" thick red oak glued to the box lid but I was out and had 1" that I cut to1/2" thick where the backbone lays in glued and wood screwed and used a finish washer on Bridge screws go thru lid all they way in the back bone the back bone is 2 1/8" wide and 1" thick red oak predrill everything

This reply was deleted.