Bass amps??

I'm looking for a cheap amp..I mean cheap!

this one can't get any cheaper unless its free.

it say bass but it look like an ordinary guitar amp to me.

what do you think??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Amp-Guitar-Practice-Amplifier-Speaker-5W-For-Electric-Guitar-Bass-/111422893011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19f1526bd3

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Keep looking at second hand.  I got one of these Ashdown T15-180 Limited Edition (15-inch speaker, 180Watt) amps in mint condition for £50 on eBay a few months back.  Look for bad listings that are collection only.

306414398?profile=RESIZE_320x320

• Look for bad listings that are collection only.

the problem is that most are down south...to far.

• I shouldn't think so for £35.00 new - you get what you pay for, have a look at the Ampegs :-)

• John it depends what you want to do - you can use any amp for bass, it won't produce the same responses as a purpose built bass amp but will more than do for practice.  I use Ampeg bass amps with smallish speakers for recording bass and my Lowebow, not cheap but pushes out the  lowest of lows :-)

get a Marshall with a 15" speaker and it'll rattle yer neighbours floorboards...

• I looked at this but ended up buying the Marshall version off ebay for not much more money, I managed to get a new one but used often don't go for too much I got the MS2 mini stack but there is the ms4 mini full stack as well.

Works well as practice amp on electric guitar wouldn't know about base. Marshall version has nice retro look as well.

• wayfind you little rascal!  lol

now you've got me thinking of another Bass guitar.

as it happens I do have another violin body.

might have go at that  using proper pick up rather than a piezo  that I have in the above guitar.

• If you're not interested in gigging you might want to consider a software solution. If you have a way of getting your guitar, or bass, into a computer, tablet, even a phone, there are some pretty good amp simulators and they're dirt cheap.

• it take me all my time just to use the pc let alone all the fancy stuff.lol

• I have yet to learn to play slide on a cbg!

I started and then I cut my thumb which is documented on here.lol

'Scuse me but.. MWAAHAHAHAHhahhaha HAR HAR HEEEEE HEEE Heeeeeee??? what deya mean wayfinder?

I will be selling one of my amps the biggest one I have a peavy rage 158.

taken chickenjohnny advice a getting a roland cube for my 3 stringers later.

I have a dinky amp like the one in the ebay list above but thats going into the cbg box when I get a round to making it.

I also have  Kinsman 10w amp,might put that in my shed to test the gits out before I finally complete the cbg.

I have no intention of playing in front of a crown,just purely for my own pleasure so I have no need to spend big bucks on amps.anyway we'll see what comes.

This reply was deleted.