Replies

• Well, there are no hard and fast restrictive prohibitions on tunings for any git, as long as the sound scratches your itch it's good-nuff.

But if you are looking for suggestions....

compared to a 25.5 inch scale guitar, a -2 fret would be at 28.6 in, right in the middle of the 'baritone' range, so it's no more problem to the strings than an ordinary whole-step up-tuning to achieve a 25.5in scale note at 28.5 inches (I usually trim off much more than 3 inches after stringing a new set) (as long as your strings don't start to taper before crossing the nut...) so....

I might suggest DAd tuning using the #6 (E) #5 (A) and #4 (d) string from a standard pack, which a lot of electric guitar players use and refer to as 'drop-d' tuning, and it also allows you to capo at the 5th fret for Gdg tuning.

• Baritone scale is generally 27" to 30". I have been able to use regular guitar strings on a 27" to 28" scale guitar, but had to use a lower tuning(D or C).  The correct strings to use are Baritone guitar strings or Fender Bass VI strings, but the later is of a heavier gauge.

This reply was deleted.