Hi everone,

 

I make solid body electric guitars as one of my music related hobbies, and being a long time Jazz and Blues saxophonist/guitarist, inevitably developed the bug to own a few CBGs.

 

Since I had to order a lot of the components anyway, I opted to go with a Backporch Mojo kit from member Darren Dukes, as I have long admired his assembed guitars.

 

I have to say that these are really a great value regarding both components and instructional materials. The enclosed DVDs are clear and detailed enough that even those with minimal woodworking and musical instrument making experience would have little trouble with assembly.

 

My first kit is the 3 string model, with photos provided below. I plan to build his 4 string kit next, with quite a few additions and customized details that I have since plotted and planned. I'll post photos of this when completed.

 

There was a small snag with my order due to a family emergency suffered by Darren, however he soon rectified the situation and bent over backwards to make his customer happy. Very commendable, and the way ALL retailers should handle their customer relations.

 

I recommend him highly, and will order from Darren again.

 

 

Views: 1153

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two more photos:
Attachments:
Nice looking instruments!!!
Iggy said:
Nice looking instruments!!!

Thanks! It plays and sounds great too, both plugged in and acoustic. I'm throwing a ceramic single coil pup in addition to the piezo into my next built for added variety.
Accidental duplicate post.
Are you going to put a switch in so you can change between the piezo and the mag pup?


Michael/Saxismyaxe said:
Iggy said:
Nice looking instruments!!!

Thanks! It plays and sounds great too, both plugged in and acoustic. I'm throwing a ceramic single coil pup in addition to the piezo into my next built for added variety.
Yes, a Gibson style 3 way toggle. I'm installing volume and tone pots too.

Iggy said:
Are you going to put a switch in so you can change between the piezo and the mag pup?


Michael/Saxismyaxe said:
Iggy said:
Nice looking instruments!!!

Thanks! It plays and sounds great too, both plugged in and acoustic. I'm throwing a ceramic single coil pup in addition to the piezo into my next built for added variety.
Cool!!!

Michael/Saxismyaxe said:
Yes, a Gibson style 3 way toggle. I'm installing volume and tone pots too.

Iggy said:
Are you going to put a switch in so you can change between the piezo and the mag pup?


Michael/Saxismyaxe said:
Iggy said:
Nice looking instruments!!!

Thanks! It plays and sounds great too, both plugged in and acoustic. I'm throwing a ceramic single coil pup in addition to the piezo into my next built for added variety.
Super nice looking instrument. The tuning machines look kinda retro. What's the material?
I believe that they are a sort of Gibson repro sealed tuner. The knobs are plastic.

Larry McInnes said:
Super nice looking instrument. The tuning machines look kinda retro. What's the material?
Kluson/Gibson style to be exact, save for the design of the screw attachement holes.

Michael/Saxismyaxe said:
I believe that they are a sort of Gibson repro sealed tuner. The knobs are plastic.

Larry McInnes said:
Super nice looking instrument. The tuning machines look kinda retro. What's the material?
very sharp!! I can't wait to see what you do on the 4 stringer!!

Big Daddy
Great looking box, nice build. I bought a reso from him very nice guy to deal with.
Cheers Ron.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources


Forum

Box thickness effect on sound

Started by Infirmity Citrus President in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Jul 31. 3 Replies

Ghost pickup

Started by Michael shrader in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Taffy Evans Jul 29. 5 Replies

Files download

Started by David Herrera in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Jul 14. 9 Replies

The Cigar Box SITAR Experiment - by Shane Speal

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by t-belly johnson Jun 16. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

bemuzic commented on bemuzic's video
Thumbnail

This Song Isn't True - Busking & Live Looping w 3 String Cigar Box Guitar in St Ives, Cambs

"Thanks Digly, I was surprised when they put some money in. I do have a board with a QR code on it…"
40 minutes ago
bemuzic commented on bemuzic's video
Thumbnail

This Song Isn't True - Busking & Live Looping w 3 String Cigar Box Guitar in St Ives, Cambs

"thanks Robert, ah yes I was trying out things in Power Director 20, having recently upgraded from a…"
46 minutes ago
Steve Holladay posted a video

Clifftop 2022 - got a little bluezy!

These 2 stopped by my campsite beside "The Swamp" at Clifftop for a while. Turns out they are David and Nancy from Roots 2 Music.https://root2music.com/home...
3 hours ago
BrianQ. liked Doug Thorsvik's video
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik posted a video
3 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Spencer Wadsworth
"Welcome, check out the Resources tab for build/play info and join some groups located in the Posts…"
4 hours ago
Howard Craypool commented on Howard Craypool's photo
Thumbnail

Neck

"Thank you, where do you thing would be a good spot for the piezo, never installed one.! Thank you"
6 hours ago
Howard Craypool commented on Howard Craypool's photo
Thumbnail

Tuning head

"Yes, on this cigar box I added a canninite (pipe stone) for the nut"
6 hours ago
Diglydog commented on bemuzic's video
Thumbnail

This Song Isn't True - Busking & Live Looping w 3 String Cigar Box Guitar in St Ives, Cambs

"Nice one, Belinda.  Great to see the kids enjoying the music and giving you some cash. …"
6 hours ago
Robert Neal commented on bemuzic's video
7 hours ago
Profile IconSpencer Wadsworth, Andrew Webb, Christina La France and 4 more joined Cigar Box Nation
8 hours ago
Carl Floyd replied to Paul Craig's discussion What's on your workbench?
"I noticed that years ago on mine LP case, Taff.   I folded a piece of cloth in the area…"
9 hours ago

Music

© 2022   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->