Van Morrisons 'Brown Eyed Girl' ... its a great song but as a beginner I have no idea if there are any reasons why this might not be a suitable song for a CBG or how easy / hard it would be? just know its a tune that I can hear in my head but can't get down onto the frets ha ha.

Anyone done it? 

Cheers

Noodles

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Alright chris, i got the vid posted. Hope it helps!

• To Jim and Wayfinder ... thank you so much guys for the info (the vid clip is foot tappingly great!) ... helping us newbies out makes this place excellent ... hands across the sea, superb!

• An excellent explanation Wayfinder! Like a dummy I always search for hard ways to do things and you may have noticed I'm trying to figure out ways to play those chord extensions (signatures) It ain't for everybody but when I hear a sound in my head I'm driven to find it on whatever instrument I'm playing. The whole time there's a voice in there saying "just keep it simple" but I keep ignoring that voice.

• Oh, and the easy way to play that Eminor is bar across the 9th fret.

• Hi Jim

thanks for getting back and yes a demo would be great, I look forward to it ... cheers buddy!

• Well yes, I have done Brown Eyed Girl on 3 string tuned G,D,g. The chords are pretty simple - there is  an Eminor in there but the rest is G, C, and D chords which is open, 5th fret bar and 7th fret bar. The guitar riff at the beginning is a little tricky but just strumming chords should be do-able for you. I'm on my way to jam with some friends now but I'll do a quick demo tomorrow if you'd like.

This reply was deleted.