I got some from my local store, Saga brand economy tuners. I like them but he is all out and they are on order. Were do you folks get them cheap enough to buy a few extra? By the way I already checked out E bay and the cheap ones come from Hong Kong and the rest charge way to much shipping. Thanks!
I also found some at Elderly Music, has anyone bought from them? 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yep, just saw the date of the thread

MichaelS said:
    It took till page 3 because Gitty did not have them when the post was started, this is an old thread. I also support Gitty, good products fast service, great prices.

Craig Cox said:
    Don't know why it took until the last few posts to mention it, but Ben (Gitty) has decent cheap tuners. I've used them on 3 builds and they are fine. not fancy, but they hold tuning well and are freakin' cheap. plus, he's a member of our community here, and a good guy to do business with. 'nuff said.
  • It took till page 3 because Gitty did not have them when the post was started, this is an old thread. I also support Gitty, good products fast service, great prices.

Craig Cox said:
    Don't know why it took until the last few posts to mention it, but Ben (Gitty) has decent cheap tuners. I've used them on 3 builds and they are fine. not fancy, but they hold tuning well and are freakin' cheap. plus, he's a member of our community here, and a good guy to do business with. 'nuff said.
  • Don't know why it took until the last few posts to mention it, but Ben (Gitty) has decent cheap tuners. I've used them on 3 builds and they are fine. not fancy, but they hold tuning well and are freakin' cheap. plus, he's a member of our community here, and a good guy to do business with. 'nuff said.
  • +1 on the C.B. Gitty recommendation. I just got several bags full and although I havent had the opportunity to install or use them, they look like a good value for the low price.
    Bonus is he is a good guy to deal with, advertises here and therefore helps support the nation.............
  • C.B . Gitty has some. I just got a batch from him for some 4 strings I'm building they get the job done and are cheap. Got them with in 2 days. Stew mac's tuners are better made but are more money.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will give Elderly a call and get some tuners. I've got 2 CBG's ready for tuners and I'm getting antsy, plus a bunch of box's waiting to be transformed from empty box's to music machines.
  • try Elderly chapest yet for open back tuners http://elderly.com/accessories/items/GTM21.htm
  • I usually order about 12 or 13 sets of tuners from Stewmac at a time.They'll last me a couple of weeks before I need another 12,,
  • I've gotten some tuners (and other parts as well) from Guitar Fetish. Used them and their pickups in a few guitars I've built and really like them.

www.guitarfetish.com

I've also gotten some from StewMac. Bought their economy tuners (3 to a side) and also their economy banjo tuners which come with 4 regulars and a fifth. Figured after I build 3 4-stringers I'll have three extras for a 3-stringer.

www.StewMac.com
  • Yep. By my calculations I can now do three 3 stringers and another waiting for glue to dry single stringer. lol.
    (BTW, I just got an email letting me know the tuners shipped 1st class this a.m. )

Tom Lanford said:
    I bought a set of 12 string tuners like this (six on a side) and then just cut them into singles with a hack saw. Got enough for three 4-stringers for about $8 total. Worked great!

MichaelS said:
    I did not see that one but, I only need 3 per guitar so 5 on a side wont cut it. Good price though.

Jeff Tinsley said:
    Michael, are you sure you didn't miss this guy on ebay?
    Box of 10 tuners, $8.70 including shipping from Saint Petersburg, Fl.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320494027960...

I have just ordered from him today, so I can't speak to quality or shipping time. He does have perfect feedback though.
This reply was deleted.