I have a bunch of traveling coming up and I need to be ready for anything.  I am having trouble finding adequate case protection for my CBG's while out on the road.  It's starting to get bothersome and a few incidents in the van could have possibly crushed one of my favorite CBG's.  HELP!!  

I am looking for a case that will last, give great protection, and can be worn on my back like a back pack.  I don't want big and bulky as it will be bothersome as I travel overseas, etc. with other bags.

Any input is great.

Oh yeah, reasonably priced too would be helpful.  A friend who makes a boat load of CBG's is taxed with this problem as we all are when ever he sells one. We should pull together to resolve this issue or I m sure lots of really great CBG's will get lost int he line of fire.

I want my "Rosie" to stick around...

Mojo & Rosie.jpg

Mojo and the boys.jpg

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wes "Blind Lemon Pledge" Yates said:
    I've got one of these and they are the best! I highly recommend.

-WY

MikeBoy said:
    I bought a nice 3/4 size gig bag. Very happy with it. Very sturdy and well padded with "backpack" straps. A bit pricey here: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Road-Runner-Roadster... but I know I did not pay that much at a local store. I took my CBG to the store to make sure the fit was good, and it fits darn good for something it was not designed for...

I actually use this bag right now and do not like it. I offers little or no protection on the bottom heal of the cbg. I am still looking and am close to working out a deal with a case making company to address my needs as well as other CBG players. Will keep you posted.

• Der Groovemeister said:
    I bought a Banjo bag from Rockbag. They have different types. I have the most padded one and that's great.

I looked at one of those yesterday and thought of your reply. I am going back to the store with my "Ginger", (4 string cbg), and see if Cinderella has a new shoe, lol. Great idea, and I like the bag already. I hope it's a fit.
  • You may want to pick up a dulcimer bag, I have and it works well.
    Joe
  • I bought a Banjo bag from Rockbag. They have different types. I have the most padded one and that's great.
  • I've got one of these and they are the best! I highly recommend.

-WY

MikeBoy said:
    I bought a nice 3/4 size gig bag. Very happy with it. Very sturdy and well padded with "backpack" straps. A bit pricey here: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Road-Runner-Roadster... but I know I did not pay that much at a local store. I took my CBG to the store to make sure the fit was good, and it fits darn good for something it was not designed for...
  • I bought a nice 3/4 size gig bag. Very happy with it. Very sturdy and well padded with "backpack" straps. A bit pricey here: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Road-Runner-Roadster... but I know I did not pay that much at a local store. I took my CBG to the store to make sure the fit was good, and it fits darn good for something it was not designed for...
This reply was deleted.