Hello, Can someone direct me to a post or discussion that will show me how I can use a bolt on style neck or one of these from Ebay 150356319668? I would really appreciate it. I don't know if you can somehow bolt on or scab a board onto the bottom of the neck and then run the additional board through the cigar box? I know this must have been discussed a million times before me but I just haven't ran across a discussion yet. Thank you for your time!

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you for all of the great info and links! I really appreciate them and will let you know how it goes. I'll also update if I get one of the Eden's. Thank's Tim on the word about their necks. Take care, you guys are great!
  • Tim heard correct, the Eden necks are made in China, and are just ok. I bought one, they are not flawless necks. They are ok quality, and you get what you pay for, there are better on the market if your looking for a flawless build, but cost more too. I will not buy another, but you can if you want.
  • i have been told those eden necks are ok quality but need a little work out of the box. no biggie just level the frets. as far as attaching them i have been thinking about that too i want ot build a six stringer out of a perdomo2 box i found. any way i was thinking about gluing a larg block of wood to the lide then rout it out like a solid body.
  • Come check out the Smokehouse Guitars group when you get a chance. I have all sorts of drawings and discussion on this over there.
  • Modified Bolt-on

Hey, I found this on one of jimfrets pages a while back. He calls it a modified bolt on. If the picture doesn't answer your question, he has a video on veoh called the macaneudo build or something similar that explains more about it.
  • HAH! I was eyeballing this same thing (not item number). Tell me how it does for you if you get it.
This reply was deleted.