Well, I strung her up today. And the intonation issues are bad enough that there is no way I'm gonna upload a sound clip. Nope. But she's kinda pretty to look at. Not sure how I'll fix the intonation... I think the bridge is too high. Maybe. (EDIT: I was able to fix the intonation issue and she sounds great now! I put a video on youtube here: https://youtu.be/hU_EQgi3Fbg )
Nice looking git. Shame about the intonation issues though.
Thanks for sharing,
Maybe you could see how the notes sound with a slide, that way the strings aren't being deflected. Going into captain obvious mode, I am guessing you checked the bridge position for your scale length. Looks good though!
Thank you , Captain! LOL :) The bridge position was wrong. I had to slide it back with the upper (thicker string) portion of the bridge angled back further. Kind of like the old back slash versus forward slash on the computer. Now she sounds right. I'll have to record something... (can't tell yall how happy I am that moving the bridge a little fixed the problem) :D
That's great! I usually do floating bridges for ease of adjustment, intonation is one of those little mysteries in guitars where the length never seems to be exactly to the mathematical position.
Good job! That looks more like a 15th build than a first.
Thank you, Rick! That means a lot to me. Now it's time to make some more basic guitars :)
Thanks Wayfinder. Hearing the right notes come out of a guitar sure makes the guitar nicer to play.
I think my next one will be more "natural" looking.
Yes you had the bridge angled the wrong way, glad you sorted it out. It's a good looking git.
Thank you! I'm glad the fix was an easy one :)
Good job! Looks like you did your homework. My first one sounded nothing like I expected, but I just dove into it and started figuring things out once I got on here after my second build was completed. I actually scrapped my first one for parts. Glad you got the sound fixed!