Replies

• I

I love the gas can guitar I made. You can go to a paint store and buy a empty can or local Lowe's/Home Depot and get a large can of Thinner/Floor Stripper for 20 bucks, get all the parts needed and build your own. These guitars sound great, I leave the cap off for that Reso tone to come out more.
    Think about building one for 100 bucks cost and easily sell it for 200.
  • We have members who make guitars as good and better than the Anderton's, the difference is only, these are mainstream guitars made to look funky, compared to found/ scrounged items built to perform as a guitar, they are great, but not getting my dollar

• The big difference between mass produced and hand made. It's like opening a can of tomato soup. That soup has to taste and look the same as the last can you opened. Consistency is what's important. It doesn't have to be the best. Just consistently the same. That's the reason behind the mass produced cans and paint jobs. 

All but one of the CBG I own are hand made and purchased from builders in our community. I built that one. Really don't see the need or reason to buy one that's been mass produced. 

• Love these guys. Great sense of humor. And that Miku pedal? Still funny as hell. They could have tuned those things better. 

I'll give it one more year before  a major signed artist uses a CBG or like on a studio album. Country music wouldn't surprise me. I'm looking for a rock star to get the ball rolling. 

for those who may have missed the Miku pedal's video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveUEZkcQno

• One of my favorites of theirs.  Cracks me up every time.

I've been able to get some good country tones out of them, but sounds best when played like a Dobro.  They're nice and twangy, without a slide, but I'm still trying to figure out how to best get some good country out of it. 

This reply was deleted.