I pulled a dumb Stupid Human Trick #1,999 yesterday when mucking with a Fender Frontman amplifier. I had the back off to add in a talk box setup. The wiring was hanging loos and attached to the pressed wood backing plate. I moved the amp to make room on my table and accidentally pulled the three wires (Black, white and green) loose at the push connectors that attach it to the back pressed wood cover. I am no electrician and I didn't mark these wires as to where they attached on each plug prong. Can someone please tell me just where each wire is pushed into place on this 3 pronged plug so that I don't burn something up in the wiring, blow a home fuse or even burn my house down around my ears?

Here are some photos if they load. This is likely overly simplistic, but I have not mucked about with amps and their insides before, so I'd like to connect these suckers back into the correct locations on the plug and mark them for futuer reference if I ever pull the same dumb stunt again.

Thanks for any advise.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• James,

Look in the center of this photo:

http://www.ajaudio.co.uk/F2.jpg

Facing the plug tabs as you have in your third pic: the black plug goes to the rightmost tab, the white plug goes to the leftmost tab, and the greenish one goes to the center, lowermost tab.

Like so:

White.............Black
    ...........Green...............

Bet you don't do that again...;-)
    • Thanks for the link and info. I do much better with pictures than I do with written guides most of the time. Any rate, I got it straightened out and it works great. I have marked the inside just in case I pull this same stupid human trick again in the future.  I greatly appreciate the help.

Huey 

• You're welcome! Hey, I gotta ask: what the hell is the plumbing fitting for in the back there? Doesn't seem to be connected to anything...
    • Thanks for the info. I just got home and I am too popped out from today's activities to work on much at the moment. I'll plug them in and be sure to mark them for future reference. I greatly appreciate the info.

Huey

This reply was deleted.