I bought this cake pan thingy quite awhile back, and could never figure out how to install it. Nor do I know if it will even work. If someone has used such a thingy on a build, could you please share your setup with me. In the picture it's sitting inside a cookie can. You can see it also comes in 2 pieces, the inner mold and the outerpan.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reeds

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm thinking that if the pan just sets into a hole and held by the string pressure (worked good for my dog dish build). I'm also thinking if I use a cookie tin lid as a resonator cover,it may increase the volume overall.

What are your thoughts?

• Reeds, I think that is likely to be a winner- pan and tin cover.  Might sound real good, but looks big enough to be bulky.

• J.P. Swenson has done some cool stuff like this.  Maddog has used pan lids.    

What Ron had say makes sense.   Reeds, it looks too deep for me, but I am not real imaginitive.  

• Reeds, I will be watching the discussion as I have an identical pan. Has great resonance, but don't want to have a 10" deep git.
  • Thanks Ron, I had thought Brian was already a friend. I had to request his frienship, and wait for acceptence.....anyways thank you again for your help sir, much appreciated.

• Brian is THE RESO PIMP, he's tried just about every kinda cone you can imagine
  • Here ya go: pics of bc's Vengeance build:

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/photo/vengeance-build/next?context=user

You can see that the rolled edge is merely supported by the box top, and held down with string pressure on the bridge / cone. PM Brian, and he'll be happy to share build details.
    • Those are some nice builds but another thing I noticed - There was another "jawbone", he hasn't been on for a few years - what did you guys do to him????  ☺

• Reeds,

Bairfoot cajun has done them. Termoking and Converted Stratslinger have cake pan reso pics. The inner mold works just like a Lowe cone: biscuit on top of the center post. You'll have to create a well deep enough, and attach that rolled top somehow; in some of the build pics I looked at, they've screwed on a drain cover to hold it down.
    • Very interesting Ron....thanks for the heads up.

This reply was deleted.