I think I posted this in a differend topic.. sorry.. still haven't been on the site much

I'd Like to:

wire 2 piezos to 1 potentiometer and an input jack without a 3 way switch..  None of the diagrams show this configuration.

Could anybody point me in the right direction ?

sincerely,

Kirby

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What you want is a blend pot, I've had good success using a dual line pot (basically two stacked pots) wired as such.

blend%20pot_zpssmy1nebo.gif

• You should use a 'balance pot' for this. The wiring in your diagram is good (but can be improved with a couple 20c diodes, as it is here when you turn one pickup down the other can follow that path across the other wiper to ground, therefore you've turned both pickups down...) - also be mindful that on a regular stacked pot when you have it in the middle each pickup will be on less than '10' if you follow....
      • sounds cool but you're over my head now.   I'm a newbie..  this particular thing is going to be a banjo pickup so I actually want both pickups to work together with the volume knob.  

I'm all for learning though.  I've got it laid out.. I'll post pics when I get around to soldering it up.

K.

• Thanks Truck driving fool.  I will try this next

• I'll add that I've been using B100k pots for this.

• Some people use the switch and place one piezo under the bridge and one somewhere on the soundboard to get different sounds.

I tried doing two under each side of the bridge on a guitar, but wasn't very happy with it. It's better to move them around to find the right spot/spots before the final placement. My CBG has one piezo on the bass side of the strings right in the middle between the bridge and neck. Started with a 500k volume pot, but changed to a 1meg for a better sound. Not shrill.

• sorry for hijacking this thread but what benefit having 2 piezos?

• the question has been answered accurately but in my case.  I'm a banjo player and I've decided to make my own pickup.  I've tried one piezo but It doesn't pickup all of the frequencies.  So companies like K&K make these with two piezos to place on either end of the banjo bridge. since it does me no good to toggle between the two in this case.  I have no need tor the toggle switch.

the same would hold true for a guitar.  I think since most CBG's only have 3 or 4 strings.. it's less of an issue but placing them on either end of a wooden bridge could make a big difference

Many thanks to Blues Frog for the lovely diagram.

• A crude drawing at best, but sometimes any visual is better than none.

• Place in different areas for a mixed sound .

This reply was deleted.